On June 7 IBM System x announces the Juniper EX4500 Ethernet switch.
This is a strong offering for both data centre and campus aggregation deployments. The Juniper Networks EX4500 10 GbE Switch features 40 wire-speed 10Gb/1Gb Ethernet ports in a 2U rack platform, and delivers Layer 2 and Layer 3 connectivity to networked devices such as System x servers and other networking switches. The EX4500 supports Juniper Networks’ unique Virtual Chassis technology, which enables multiple interconnected switches to operate as a single, logical device with a single IP address.
• 40x 1/10 GbE SFP/SFP+
• Supports up to 2 modules of 4x10 GbE
• 128 Gbps Virtual Chassis Module
• Front to Back & Back to Front Airflow
• Optional redundant AC power and L3 SW
• JUNOS CLI, J-WEB, and JUNOS Space
• IBM 3 Year warranty includes NBD HW replacement, SW updates and telephone support
• Layer 2 throughput 714 Gbps
• Low power (<8 watts per port)
• Line rate, non-blocking architecture (960 Gbps)
• Low latency 2.7 uSec
• Data Center Bridging
• MAC Addresses 24,000
Check out our at a glance guide! LINK