Some detail here about the benefits of using IBM’s System Cluster 1350. This gets technical and is a bit market-speaky, but it might help some of y’all so here it is.
Optimize and streamline your workloads with IBM's System Cluster 1350 integrated solutions
- Increase performance, improve energy and space efficiencies, and cluster management with leading edge technology designed for high performance computing.
- Robust choice of portfolio of offerings that include industry leading OEM interconnects, storage solutions and software to meet all your business needs.
- Data Center ready – with fully tested, integrated solutions that are easily deployed, operated and maintained, with single point of contact for support.
Revitalized High Volume portfolio including the uni-socket x3200 M3 Tower and x3250 M3 Rack Servers
- Similar functionality and performance of previous generation two-socket systems, but at uni-socket prices. 50 percent more memory DIMMs and 50 percent greater performance at a lower price to deliver incredible TCO
- Enhancements to two-socket x3550 M2/x3650 M2 rack servers
- The high volume segment makes up over 60 percent of the total x86 server opportunity. As a result, these new products will help us considerably in this important market.
Offering Excellence with supporting OS, solutions, and options
- Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 OS support with virtualization capabilities.
- New System x and BladeCenter Interconnects for products
- Virtual Fabric for IBM BladeCenter: Emulex Virtual Fabric adapter for IBM BladeCenter and QLogic Vitual Fabric Extension Module for IBM BladeCenter
- Cisco Nexus 4001I Switch Module for IBM BladeCenter
- Open Fabric Manager for BladeCenter S: Easy deployment and management for distributed environment
More product information LINK