We're excited to announce a new release of
IBM® Connections Portlets for WebSphere® Portal!
- An activity Stream portlet which brings the IBM Connections Activity Stream experience into your Portal pages
- Enhancements to the Ideation Blog support in the Blogs portlet
- Support for IBM Connections 4.5 servers
WebSphere Portal users can integrate the IBM Connections Activity Stream, Activities, Blogs, Bookmarks, Communities, Forums, Profiles, Wiki, & Tag Cloud applications.
- This integration allows you to view and interact with events from your communities. Events include updates to documents, wikis, blogs, forums, profiles and status updates and other content updates to your communities.
- Deploy community pages, which are portal pages associated with communities from IBM Connections Communities. Portlets on community pages are automatically scoped to the community membership and display content from the community in the portlets. For example, if your community contains a forum, adding the forum portlet to a community page lets portal users view and interact with the forum content from a Portal application.
- View and contribute to discussion topics using the Forums portlet.
Blogs, Forums, and Profile summary portlets
- Portal Search Center integration
- Security integration allows community membership to be used for access control decisions in Portal through a new VMM adapter.
- Create and work with IBM Connections Activities within WebSphere Portal. Users can easily set prioritization, activity status and to do items for their activities. Manage the membership to add and leverage the expertise and experience of others in the organization by working together.
- Within WebSphere Portal create IBM Connections Blogs postings and comments. View and contribute to Ideation Blogs you can access.
- Easily create, edit and discover bookmarks in IBM Connections that have been qualified by others with similar interests and expertise.
- Search a directory of colleagues you can use to build a network and locate expertise. Update and comment on Status Updates from your network.
- Collaborate on a project with Wikis. Wiki members can view and edit the pages, or add their own pages.
- Incorporate meaningful keywords to find associated content and filter the items in other IBM Connections portlets.
The IBM Connections 4.5 Portlets support:
- IBM Connections 4.5 CR1
- IBM Connections 4.0 CR3
- IBM WebSphere Portal Server 22.214.171.124 CF4
- IBM WebSphere Portal Server 126.96.36.199 CF 20 (Note: Activity Stream Portlet is not supported with 188.8.131.52)
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32-bit), 7 SP1 (64 bit)
- Mac OS X 10.7
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9
- (IE browser needs to be running in IE7 Document Standards mode for Activity Stream Portlet)
- Mozilla Firefox 17
- Apple Safari 5
- Chrome 24