We're very proud to announce IBM Connections 5.0, the latest version of IBM Connections available in market. This release packs in many new capabilities, including external user collaboration, updates to the home page that make it easier to focus your attention, and updates to files that make it easier to work with content, among other features.
External User Colaboration
The team had been working hard to bring you this feature, which enables you to add external users outside your firewall to your own internal IBM Connections deployment. Once registered, external users can be added to Communities and Files, enabling them to collaborate as your internal users do with a refined user experience, limited access to content, and features to ensure internal users know their audience.
Check out this brief video that describes the feature in more detail.
- @mentions on content throughout
- Smarter content filtering in the Activity stream
- View the number of new @mentions and notifications on your home page.
- Type-ahead search for people
- Preview link content in status updates
- Pasting images directly into the editor.
- Consistent access to search feeds and improved ability to subscribe.
- Notify and select all members in an activity
- Join sub-community and parent community in one click
- Create folders in communities
- Landing page customization in communities
- Identify and act on open questions in forums
- Multiple Ideation Blogs per Community
- File grid view provides thumbnail views
- Preview files without the need to open a new window to simplify reviewing and commenting