IBM Rational ClearQuest and IBM Rational ClearCase v188.8.131.52 is released and comes packed with new features and enhancements.
- ClearQuest now supports Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration (OSLC) APIs and is implemented as OSLC Links Package. This is available out of the box. With this feature, ClearQuest records can be linked to the requirement artifacts in IBM Rational Doors or IBM Rational Requirements Composer, test artifacts in Rational Quality Manager and related change management artifacts in Rational Change, Rational Team Concert or even Bugzilla. This feature enables requirements driven development with requirements to change request traceability. To lean more about OSLC Link Package, click here.
- ClearQuest provides Jazz based Collaborative Change Management solution. Now dynamic planning can be added to the existing Configuration and Change Management(CCM) tools. With this feature, planning, tracking, measurements and generation of reports are all integrated, enabling team collaboration by sharing the inter-linked data. Improves end to end traceability, transparency and flexibility for teams to utilize resources from anywhere. Every stake holder can know project status without having to ask.
- ClearQuest v184.108.40.206 introduces Dashboard support providing integrated data tracking from ClearQuest and RTC.
- The ClearQuest - Jazz bridge which connects the ClearQuest system and the Jazz system through the OSLC link provides process management support (state transitions are syned between systems), bi-directional links, rich hover support and many more features.
- SmartCard Authentication is now supported in ClearQuest Web. This enhances security in deployments where requirements dictate stronger authentication than user name and password. CQWeb can be configured for smart card authentication such that user must use a smart card and PIN to gain access. To know more about SmartCard authentication for CQWeb, click here.
- ClearQuest Web Help now available. One place for all documentation on ClearQuest. Click here to learn more about web help.
New(s) about IBM Rational ClearCase v220.127.116.11:
- With integrated Configuration and Change Management realize flexible ClearQuest enabled integrations with base ClearCase or UCM. With this enhancement, LAN ClearCase can communicate with WAN ClearQuest. The new functionality is available even on platforms not supported by ClearQuest, for example, Solaris X86, Linux 390, Linux PPC and HP IA64. This functionality reduces the dependency on mulisite and need for deploying CQ thick clients.
- Leverage Jazz capabilities with ClearCase through the Jazz integration with ClearCase dynamic views, for example, setting up build definitions that run out of ClearCase views (click here for a demo), create work items directly from failed builds, agile planning, linking agile plans and work itmes to base ClearCase or UCM, dashboards, reports, etc.
- ClearCase Multisite now supports Synchronous Request for Mastership (SRFM) through which mastership request is issued silently during checkout of a remotely mastered branch. This eliminates the wait for the replica sync to happen before beginning work.
- IBM Rational ClearCase integrated with the Electronics Design and Automation (EDA) tool, Cadence Design Framework, from Cadence Design Systems. This first class integration of ClearCase inside Cadence Design Framework provides co-development and verification management solutions for electronic and software design. Click here for more information.
- Token license support available in ClearCase v18.104.22.168, providing customers the flexibility in licensing to deploy Rational Solutions to address business needs by purchasing license tokens that can be used or moved around between several Rational products.
- ClearCase v22.214.171.124 supports Windows 7 BitLocker, Windows 7 User Access Control. Support for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Client added.
Visit us at Rational Innovate India, 2011 to see all this in action and to learn more about ClearCase, ClearQuest and all other Rational offerings.
You can visit the Solution Center on "What's new in ClearCase / ClearQuest" at Innovate 2011, Bangalore to get a first hand experience of ClearCase and ClearQuest v126.96.36.199 and can also meet the development team directly to discuss your ideas, concerns and requirements.
See You There!!!