(Submitted by Ria Hyman (
What keeps clients, business partners and ISVs from investing in new applications and bringing new solutions to market? Our research revealed the top reasons:
- Availability of infrastructure resources
- Upfront software licensing cost
- Creating, deploying and selling high value situational applications
With cloud computing these barriers disappear and software developers gain virtually instantaneous, low-cost access to a broad range of middleware and development platforms.
But how do you get from here to there? How do developers go from earlier ways of building solutions to new, cost-effective cloud-centric models?
On October 1, IBM software experts are teaming up with the technical evangelists at Amazon Web Services (AWS) to host a Cloud Computing for Developers virtual workshop. Topics include:
- Time-saving secrets to avoid common pitfalls of developing on the cloud
- An insider’s view of how cloud services work, hearing from developers and ISVs using IBM software on the clou
- Essential things you'll need to learn (and unlearn) as you start to write cloud applications
- The simple API that’s the key to identifying and calling relevant services from you web app
- Maximizing cloud effectiveness, including caching and databases
Check it out, and learn how you can use cloud to create the same apps you’re creating today, at a lower cost. Not only that, but you’ll see how you can begin designing a whole range of new applications with IBM software on the cloud.