"Many early Document and Records Management (DRM) deployments were rolled out at the departmental level as point solutions to address a single issue. Now these organisations are extending their deployments enterprisewide to address compliance requirements or to deliver an integrated information management strategy."
"Now, however, we are in the second wave of DRM. According to research from Datamonitor, Enterprise Content Management (ECM) has a market penetration of over 80%, with more than 40% of organisations planning to invest in new ECM systems or expand their solutions in the next two years.
This means that many organisations that have already implemented DRM are considering deploying a different product, either because the first implementation was less than successful and did not provide the business benefits expected, or because their requirements have evolved and their current solution can no longer address their needs. There are also organisations that initially deployed DRM as a point solution to address a single issue, often within a single area of the business, which now wish to roll out DRM solutions enterprise-wide in order to meet compliance requirements or provide an integrated information management capability. "
"Take-up of DRM has greatly increased over the last couple of years with, according to figures from Datamonitor, traditional Document Management (DM) technologies representing 63% of the market, with non-traditional ECM technologies such as enterprise search, portals, content integration, and Information Lifecycle Management accounting for the remaining 37%. Estimates from Datamonitor predict that the ECM market will grow from US$1.6 billion in 2006 to US$3.5 billion by 2012, which means that there is still plenty to play for by the ECM vendors, and in Butler Group's opinion this is one of the major reasons for vendors outside the ECM market moving into this lucrative area."
[DE] IBM ECM Technologie
with Tags: records_management X
[EN] Research and Markets:The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Market Will Grow from US$1.6 Billion in 2006 to US$3.5 Billion by 2012
Thorsten Zoerner 120000JP3G firstname.lastname@example.org Tags:  records_management ecm compliance 439 Visits