For some time, the market has been screaming for impossible complex and brawny data center computing capabilities.
Today IBM announced zEnterprise - a first of a kind technology representing a new dimension in computing. zEnterprise integrates IBM's leading technologies to dramatically improve the productivity of today's multi-architecture data centers and tomorrow's private clouds.
Consolidated, simplified management is one of the key drivers for adoption of zEnterprise, and nothing does it better or more extensively than IBM Tivoli. IBM Service Management on System z is uniquely architected to extend the value of zEnterprise by:
- Simplifying the data center with ONE integrated service management engine to manage the entire data center
- Reducing risk by providing integrated policies for managing service availability and data protection
- Improving service delivery with integrated workflow to optimize service delivery
To extend these benefits, today Tivoli announced 4 new offerings that bring visibility, control and automation to zEnterprise:
- Tivoli Application Management for zEnterprise: Provides the ability to manage business service policies across domains within a single context and a single point of control.
- Tivoli Application Resilience for zEnterprise: Ensures availability with a single point of control to reduce risk and assure automated business service polices extend to heterogeneous workloads.
- Tivoli Asset and Financial Management for zEnterprise: Brings lower total cost of ownership and efficiencies from accurate resource usage and software license deployment across domains.
- Tivoli Security for zEnterprise: Allows organizations to centrally manage and protect access to applications, business services, infrastructure and data resources for the enterprise. The Tivoli security management products allow organizations to leverage their mainframe as their enterprise security hub.