Last year we were tasked with identifying new, improved ways to deliver technical information to Tivoli customers. Essentially, the challenge was to "change the game." After two years of research that included direct input from customers, we decided to leverage wiki technology because it met the objectives that we were trying to reach:
- Provide customers with the most up-to-date technical information about our products.
- Have the capability to update the information anytime, anywhere.
- Provide customers with the capability to add comments to the information that we add.
- Provide a canvas on which customers could create their own content, and share experiences.
- Establish a community where customers, business partners, and IBM employees could collaborate.
By leveraging wiki technology, we are truly changing the game in which we provide technical information to customers. We can now provide "On Demand" information because of the immediacy with which we can post it as well as the collaboration that can exist with customers.
Our wikis include a wide variety of information covering several main categories: Best Practices, Integration Scenarios, Overview and Planning, Performance and Tuning, and more. You will also find that several of our wikis have become the new home for white papers for Tivoli products.
All Tivoli wikis can be accessed from Tivoli Wiki Central:
- Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager: IBM Tivoli Application Dependency Discovery Manager helps you gain visibility for IT Service Management.
- Tivoli Business Service Manager: IBM Tivoli Business Service Manager delivers real-time service visibility and intelligence to maximize performance.
- Tivoli Distributed Monitoring and Application Management: This wiki is the home for all IBM Tivoli Monitoring version 6-based distributed products. This includes IBM Tivoli Composite Application Management products.
- Tivoli Identity Manager: IBM Tivoli Identity Manager helps enterprises strengthen and automate internal controls governing user access rights.
- Tivoli Netcool/Impact: IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact is a set of runnable server components that work together to provide event management and integration functionality for the Netcool suite of products.
- Tivoli z Monitoring and Application Management: This wiki includes information about IBM Tivoli z monitoring and application management products.
Look for Tivoli Wiki Central at Pulse 2009 (February 8-12) in the Expo Hall. I also will lead a session in the Expo Theatre on Monday, February 9 at 5:00 PM that outlines our strategy in more detail.