Enlighten Us: How Are Your Bright Ideas Helping to Build a Smarter Planet?
Pulse will return to the MGM Grand in Las Vegas February 27 through March 2, 2011 to bring over 6000 attendees the best practices, solutions and expertise needed to help organizations design, deliver and manage new, innovative business services - smarter services that drive unique client value and competitive advantage.
Over 300 client presentations will demonstrate how Integrated Service Management helped organizations gain an end-to-end view of business services across boundaries to effectively manage risk and compliance, change the economics of delivering service and achieve common business objectives. We invite you to submit your proposal to present at Pulse 2011!
CLIENT SPEAKER BENEFITS
*The speaker pays for the basic room and will be awarded the upgrade if they submit one of the first 50 papers to be accepted.
Client Speaker Benefits include:
- One full conference pass ($1995 value)
- Use of our exclusive Client Speaker VIP Lounge
- Networking opportunities with over 6000 industry experts, press, and analysts
- Eligibility for the Maximo Best Practices Award (EAM papers only).
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
Proposals will include a 100-word abstract that outlines a unique organizational experience based on, but not limited to, one of the following scenarios:
- Service architectures tailored by industry that address unique service delivery challenges including security, storage and compliance requirements. ·
- Service life-cycle management that bridge workflow across line of business, enterprise architecture, software development and testing, IT operations (data center, security, storage, and network operations), and business operations (production and facilities) to ensure successful “go-live” and continual improvement of applications and services.
- Service dashboards that enable audiences from executives and business operations to IT managers to see the service and gain insight into service health, integrity (security and storage), and business activity.
- Unified management of service requests and problems spanning business and IT that enable work orders to be automatically routed to the right support staff.
- Asset management that supports both enterprise and IT assets across all asset classes with a single process model and a single data model.
- Automated management of heterogeneous physical virtualized and cloud environments across distributed systems, mainframes and storage that ensure security, increase speed and save costs.
- Security and storage management that ensure effective access, identity and threat management, and scalable management of growing data volumes generated by smart assets and technology.
Your abstract should include:
- Initial pain points or problems
- Statistics about your deployment layout and company
- The IBM solution/products applied by your organization
- How the IBM solution/products help address the pain points
- Lessons learned from the experience
PULSE 2011 CALL FOR PAPERS OPENS SEPTEMBER 22, 2010