It's been said that central Texas only has two seasons: summer and football season. If you’ve spent any time in a Texas summer, you might understand our zeal for the latter. Contrary to some folklore, Texans like a lot of other stuff about autumn. Here are a few more seasonal treats that inspire this Texan to put out the welcome mat for autumn, even as summer huffs the last of it’s dragon breath well into November.
- Not catching on fire just stepping outdoors!
- Football! (Mack Brown could help make this a little more inspiring.)
- Road race season!
- Halloween candy!
- Pulse planning season! (I have a fun job!)
- Turkey and dressing!
- Daylight Savings Time!
Let’s pause for a moment because Daylight Savings Time alone can bring tears of joy to my eyes. Allow me to elaborate.
For starters, the sun comes up earlier. This is huge for runners. It’s harder for coyotes and mountain lions to stalk us after daybreak. An earlier dusk means I am alert enough to not only notice, but also enjoy our famous sunsets. And – best of all: the aliens that live with me my children are tricked into an earlier reboot bedtime.
Ok, so what does all this have to do with Pulse? Nothing! But while I am celebrating being tricked into feeling like autumn gives me more time, let’s celebrate a real treat of extra time for you:
Pulse 2011 call for speakers has been extended to November 23, 2010. I promise that’s no trick, unless you were planning to submit a paper to the Enterprise Asset Management track. In that case, your extension treat expires on November 16.
Need Help Getting Started?
No problem! Here are a few suggestions to help you get started on the path to joining our agenda as a featured expert.
- Tune into the Pulse 2011 Introduction and Call for Speakers webcast replay for details on this unique opportunity to become part of the Premier Service Management Event.
- Review a few samples of stellar proposals that include abstracts and proof points to inspire you as you craft your own proposal.
- Decide if you want to participate as a solo or as part of a panel.
- Customize the Business Justification Letter to help you gain approval for travel funds.
- Send any questions or requests for assistance to PulseSpeaker@experient-inc.com
- Submit your proposal to share you expertise at Pulse!