I hope you all had a good summer. Maybe you took a vacation. Me? If you’d been reading my blogs you won’t be surprised to hear that Central Texas destroyed every one of its existing heat records dating back to 1854, and along with it, my desire for my annual beach trip.
Heat exhaustion can do strange things to a person. Some see things like a mirage in a desert. Others might hear ringing in their ears. When I saw my vehicle’s thermostat register 130 F in my driveway, I listened for fire truck sirens.
Instead I heard the call of the wild, which emphatically told me to head north and keep going until I reached a glacier or something. Call of the wild? More like call of the brilliant ideas!
I was really glad I answered that call. It led me to a cabin in the North Woods of Minnesota on Lake Superior. Ok, it’s not a glacier but it used to be. After chilling for a while (under wool blankets!), I returned home recharged and ready for the harvest. For Pulse, our harvest goals include recruiting 300 Service Management experts to speak at Pulse 2010 by October 16.
Have you heard our call for brilliant ideas? It goes like this:
ME: Calling All Service Management experts to propose topics to present at Pulse 2010. Submit proposals to http://www.ibm.com/software/tivoli/pulse/
YOU: OK. [clicks http://www.ibm.com/software/tivoli/pulse/ and submits proposal]
300 proposals reflecting brilliant expertise on the following themes will be notified of acceptance for Pulse 2010 by November 16, 2009.
Four Pulse Streams with 14 Tracks:
Service Management and Information Technology Stream
- Service Delivery & Process Automation
- Service Availability & Performance Management
- Security, Risk Management & Compliance
- Storage & Information Infrastructure
- Energy & Efficiency
- Cloud Computing
Service Management for Enterprise Operations Stream
- Asset Management
- Network & Service Assurance
Service Management for Business Leaders Stream
- Service Management for Your Industry
- Hot Topics in Service Management
- Service Management for Midsized Businesses
Service Delivery Lifecycle Management Stream
- Smarter Products Delivery & Management
- Quality Management for Applications & Services
- Change Management for Applications & Services
Client Speaker Benefits
- Approved client submissions will receive a full conference pass ($2195 value).
- An invitation to a special client speaker reception.
- Access to our on-site Client VIP Lounge.
- High profile exposure to over 5000 industry experts, press and analysts.
- Recognition in the Pulse agenda/curriculum guide.
- EAM papers are eligible for the Maximo best practices award.
Call for Papers Submission Hints
Clients should submit an abstract of 100 words that reflects a well- organized, well-written description of what the presentation will cover.