SAVE ON PULSE REGISTRATION TODAY through FRIDAY 12/5 at http://www.ibm.com/software/tivoli/pulse/
Okay, okay. IBM Service Management might not be saving the world the same way heroes in a Hollywood movie would. But unseen heroes do exist. They may not be glamorous or even know they are heroes. You might know some of them. You might even be one of them. And right now, they are out in force doing their best to help businesses survive the [now official] recession. I'm not talking about the Fed, or Congress, or anyone on Wall Street. Who then? Not just who, but what. As in who does what.
Stay with me. I'll cut to the chase now.
In a nutshell, the digital and physical infrastructures of the world are converging to the point that global integration impacts every aspect of business. To run sustainable businesses, companies need to work smarter and integrate smart choices into day-to-day operations. IBM Service Management is made up of the smartest heroes, technology and strategies that can help your business survive the these tough economic times. Quite a leap in logic? Oh, ye of little faith! Miracles can happen when you've got purpose and innovation on your side. Want to know more? Come to Pulse for four action-packed days at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas, NV. Over 200 IBM clients, IBM executives and industry experts, aka "the Heroes" will showcase how IBM Service Management can deliver quality service on any scale, while addressing some of the most prominent global fascinations, including:
* What’s really going on with cloud computing
* Why a smarter planet requires a dynamic infrastructure
* How to save green by going green
Some of the sessions at Pulse include:
* Top Leadership Challenges in Service Management
* Delighting Your CEO with Exceptional Service Management
* Minimizing Risk and Maximizing Value with Governance for Service Management
* Achieving Converged Management of Business and IT Infrastructure
* Inhabiting the Smarter Planet: How a Dynamic Infrastructure Reduces Cost, Improves Services, and Manages Risk
* The Last Mile to SOA Success: Service Management
* "Out of Space, Power, and Money" -- Addressing Emerging Energy and Environmental Challenges
* Drowning in Data? -- Meet Tougher Service Level Requirements with Less Infrastructure
* Tame the Explosion of Information with IBM Information Infrastructure
* Balancing Risk with Opportunity: Security Trends and Strategies for Business Leaders
* Customer Panel: Tales from the Cutting Edge of Service Management
* Breaking Down the Barriers between Dev and Ops
* Taking the Next Steps on Your SM Journey
Visit the Pulse Web to register while there’s still time to save on registration. The Early Bird registration special of $1795 ends Friday, December 5, 2008. Then stick around and learn more about the following streams of our agenda:
As you align business processes and technologies to become more service-oriented, this stream will show how IBM Service Management solutions can optimize industry-specific services.
Learn how IBM Service Management solutions can help you leverage today’s “hot” technologies, augment business performance and minimize business risk.
We’ll explain best practices, Tivoli product roadmaps, customer experiences, implementation stories around IBM Service Management and more.
IBM IT optimization strategies, solutions, and roadmaps to help you manage across physical and virtual resources for greater IT efficiencies and improved business performance.We’re also offering labs and certifications to make sure you grasp the content and can take it back to share with your colleagues.
The drive for a smarter planet takes IT down a long-term path that also offers short-term successes for companies committed to the journey.
Important Dates for Pulse 2009
• Dec. 5, 2008 – $1795 Early bird deadline
• Feb. 8-12, 2009 – Pulse 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada