InfoSphere Warehouse 9.7.2 is now available on Passport Advantage. You can find download instructions here.
Version 9.7.2 includes both defect fixes and various enhancements. Here is a list of some of the new features:
- SQL Warehousing Tool (SQW) control flows can be restarted from the point of failure
- New SQW control flow log options allow separate log files to be created for each instance or the user of circular logs.
- New SQW control flow instance options allow the system to remove instances after a specified number of instances have been created or after a specified number of days have passed. There is also an option to remove the corresponding SQW log files if the log option to use a single log per instance is specified.
- A new scheduler view was created to allow the administrators to see all schedules in a single panel.
- Support for Oracle Essbase 18.104.22.168
- Support for WebLogic 10.3
- A new caching mechanism allows you to run queries against virtual cubes while the base cubes are being refreshed
- MDX query result sets can now be cached. This improves response time for queries against both regular and virtual cubes. Cognos users will notice improved performance when repetitive queries return results directly from this cache.
- Support for Microsoft SharePoint 2007 Excel Services.
- Business names for data objects can be used in cubes.
- Documentation has been updated to provide best practices and performance tuning information.
- Support for 25 new MDX functions.
- New Enhanced BIRCH Clustering algorithm
- Multivariate statistics have been integrated into the mining flow editor. It is now easier to analyze the output from any step of a mining flow.
- The Multivariate Distribution explorer can now be accessed from the Design Studio main menu.
- Basic statistics are now available for time and date fields within the Multivariate Distribution explorer.
- A number of usability improvements have been made to Data Preparation input models and profiles.
- Server support for 64-bit Windows 2008 R2
- Client support for 32-bit Windows 7
- It is now possible to bypass system pre-requisite checking
- Includes DB2 9.7. Fixpack 2
For more information, visit out the What's New section in the Information Center.
John P. Kennedy
InfoSphere Warehouse Product Manager