Indoor location awareness is the new trend in the digital era for customer engagement. As we all know consumers are more connected now than ever before and they expect a consistent brand experience regardless of the channel they prefer to shop. Consumers desire the option to start their shopping process in one channel, and possibly price match and compare products in a store as part of the final purchase. This sense of empowerment creates the need for you to connect and optimize your merchandising across all channels and supporting commerce technologies, such as indoor location awareness, to facilitate personalized marketing activities to enhance the store experience, maintain customer loyalty and develop repeat sales.
Indoor location technology with the power of analytics creates the ability to bring the physical and digital worlds together. You can now have a 360 view of your customers to fully understand what their shopping preferences and buying behaviors are across all channels to better serve them. But developing a location awareness strategy is no trivial task. Here are a few key topics you should be thinking about as you evaluate and explore new indoor location services for your organization:
- Assess your customer service capabilities and understand how indoor location services would add value to your in store experience.
- Ask your organization if they are satisfied with the level of insight you have to your in store customers buying behaviors and browsing patters?
- Don’t be blinded by all the hype in the market. Make sure to evaluate and understand the full capabilities and components available by each vendor. Some vendors may only provide the sensing layer and not the full actionable layer of analytics or precision marketing capabilities to take action on the data.
- Understand your mobile strategy and how indoor location services would play a part of that strategy in your stores.
- Make sure all parties are involved when evaluating indoor location services to help justify the investment (Store Operations, Marketing, eCommerce, IT, Supply Chain, etc.)
There’s no question in order to provide a seamless unified customer experience you need to embrace indoor location services and integrate into your omni-channel strategy. Learn more about how IBM Presence Zones incorporates deep analytics with a "software agnostic" approach to precision marketing along with a suite of commerce applications.