IBM Collaboration Solutions - What's New Q4 2011
What new at IBM Collaboration Solutions Software
We've been busy since the last newsletter! - The rapid growth of social software is transforming the way we do business. But email and other traditional collaborative and workflow applications will continue to be heavily-used tools in the enterprise for the foreseeable future. Integrating these capabilities are critical to making that transformation successful.
In line with this we have announced our new direction for Notes and Domino customer "Get Social with your inbox"
. With the release of Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5.3
, IBM delivers significant new social capabilities through new, no charge entitlements to the IBM Connections Profiles
and IBM Connections Files
components. These powerful new capabilities provide instant and convenient access right from the Lotus Notes sidebar
. So to help you transform to a Social Business we allow you to leverage your existing investments in Lotus Notes and Domino and start to deploy Social capabilities as your culture changes, within your organisation, at your own pace.
IBM Connections Profiles
helps you quickly find the people you need by searching across your organization using tags to identify expertise, current projects, and responsibilities from within your inbox, sidebar or by clicking on Live Text within Notes Documents. An integrated directory and expertise location engine, IBM Connections Profiles help you identify and work with key people in your organisation. With profiles, you can:
IBM Connections Files
- Tap into the knowledge capital within your organization.
- Easily establish new business contacts.
- Expand your personal network.
- Develop and maintain personal relationships that span obstacles such as reporting structure, department, geography etc
integrated with IBM Lotus Notes 8.5.3 eliminates the need to send bulky file attachments through email. No need to use less secure external file sharing applications lor pay for more expensive options from other vendors. Users can more easily find content, make recommendations, and share content with colleagues. Using this integration also eliminates outdated content buried as an attachment in email files. Ensure you download the no charge plug-in to drag and drop files directly in and out of your sidebar to Notes Documents and e-mails. With IBM Connections files, you can:
- Upload files and share them with others as readers or editors.
- Choose to share files with selected individuals, groups, and communities or make them public.
- View sharing properties, such as who has shared a file and with whom, and people who have downloaded files.
- Manage versions of a file and allow others to upload new versions.
- Moderate file submission to ensure appropriateness of content.
- Tag files to make them easy to find.
- Recommend and comment on files.
- Locate files by searching for text in the title or body of the file.
- Sort files alphabetically by their name, by most recent first, by number of downloads, or by size.
- Organize files in public or private collections.
- Organize related files into folders.
- Use the Follow feature to be automatically notified when a file or folder is updated.
- Mark a file or folder as a Favorite to make it easy to find.
As you can see this is huge news for you, our clients! To successfully transform into a social business, clients need to integrate their existing collaboration -- especially email -- with new social software capabilities.
To get started today:
1. Download Notes Domino 8.5.3 today,
2. Download and install IBM Connections Profiles and Files - Watch the video on capabilities here.
3. Install the Free plugins for your Notes clients
- and "Add Social to your inbox".