7 Things Every IBM Business Partner Should Know About Web Content Syndication
I don't want to overinflate your expectations, but it could...especially if you are struggling to maintain your website at the pace with which IBM releases new offerings. IBM Web Content Syndication is a PartnerWorld benefit that can help you keep your website up to date with the latest IBM products and solutions, all with minimal effort and impact to your budget. Here are seven things that every Business Partner should know about IBM Web Content Syndication:
- IBM Web Content Syndication Will Update your Website for You Automatically, with No Ongoing Maintenance. When you sign up for IBM Web Content Syndication, you won't need to update your website every time IBM updates it's offerings portfolio. Via a script code, IBM Web Content Syndication automatically delivers product content to your web pages, which will keep your site current with the latest product information. The benefit can be customized to your business, so that it features only the products and services that you offer. In addition, it has built-in lead generation capabilities, helping to turn your website into a more robust sales and marketing engine.
- IBM Web Content Syndication is free for all PartnerWorld Membership Levels. 'Nuf said.
- IBM Web Content Syndication Takes An Average of Just 15 Minutes to Implement.
First, you''ll need to sign up. Once you do that, you'll receive login
information for a Partner Console, which will give you instructions on
how to implement the IBM syndication center on your website. The
implementation is as easy as copying and pasting a piece of script code
on to the desired page of your site. Simple, no?
- The IBM Web Content Syndication Benefit is Getting an Upgrade. Web Content Syndication is
moving to a new, more advanced platform. The platform, provided by SharedVue, will allow for greater content customization, more detailed reporting
and more robust console for lead management.
- IBM Web Content Syndication Also Provides the Ability to Host Content Outside Your Site. In addition to providing upgraded syndication services, the new SharedVue platform will also give you the ability to create a customized landing page outside your site that you can link to or drive traffic to, with all of the same lead-generation features as syndicated content. This option is ideal for Business Partners who may not have a website, who may be seeking a temporary solution while a website is under construction, or who would prefer not to host IBM solution showcase content directly on an existing website. Good news -- this option is also extremely simple to implement; once signed up, just visit your custom URL, select a color theme for your hosted syndicated content, and activate!
- IBM Web Content Syndication Is Available in Multiple Languages. Web Content Syndication is currently available in English, Polish, Korean and Turkish. As of August 1, 2011, content will also be available
in Brazilian Portuguese, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish and Simplified Chinese.
- Technical Support is Available to All IBM Web Content Syndication Subscribers. As a Web Content Syndication user, you'll have multiple options. You'll have access to technical support via SharedVue, or you can always take advantage of PartnerWorld Contact Services, which provides assistance by Live Chat, email or telephone in the local language.
If you are already subscribed for IBM Web Content Syndication, you will need to transition to the new platform by August 26th, or you will lose access to the service. New users can sign up for the benefit at any time. To enroll, simply visit the PartnerWorld pages on Web Content Syndication
and click on 'How to Enroll
Want more information about IBM Web Content Syndication? The benefit will be described in detail during an upcoming webcast. The webcast will cover the features of the new platform, steps required to implement the new scripts, highlights of the new partner console, as well as the rollout schedule for new local language support. It airs for the first time on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. EDT and will be available on-demand thereafter. Register now
in order to attend.
Updated 8/4/11: Big news everyone! The transition to the new SharedVue platform is now complete, which means all the great new features and local languages are now available. All currently syndicating business partners must make the transition to the new platform by August 26, 2011, to continue syndicating IBM content. You can find more information on the transition available on the SharedVue console. In addition, by popular demand, we'll be having another live webcast on August 17, 2011 at 11:00 a.m. EDT, so if you want to learn more, you can register for another great opportunity to do so.
Questions? Contact the folks who know at email@example.com, or reach out to our IBM Software Web Content Syndication expert, Al Ramirez, on Twitter @AL_Ramirez.