The hottest place in Orlando, Florida this week at IBM's Innovate may well have been the Cool Cloud Workshop hosted by IBM VP, Shaun Jones (pictured on the left
). The workshop was taught by a group of IBM experts (including the aptly named, Dan Kloud) and industry analyst Judith Hurwitz. The workshop was taught by:
- Judith Hurwitz ,President & CEO of Hurwitz & Associates, Inc.
- Marcia Kaufman,Partner & COO , Co-authors of Cloud Computing for Dummies
- Daniel Kloud, Director, Cloud & Cross Rational Initiatives
- Peter Stolinsky, Business Unit Executive, Rational WW Sales
The workshop was a sellout and every seat was taken. It was standing room only. Thanks to all our IBM Business Partners who made the trek to Innovate and attended, some even standing throughout the session.
All attendees received a free copy of "Cloud Computing for Dummies, "by noted speaker and analyst Judith Hurwitz.
The Innovate workshop was the third in a series of Cloud Workshops being offered at IBM events.
As Guest speaker Judith Hurwitz (pictured on the left
), emphasized in her remarks, and in the book, "Cloud Computing for Dummies
, "cloud computing, in all of its forms, is transforming the computing landscape". As Judith explained, customers want to:
* move away from capital expenditures for equipment and overhead
* access resources when they need it without delays and complex purchasing process
* give back excess capacity when they don’t need it without having to sell resources on Ebay
* see the promise of utility computing
Cloud computing allows customers to benefit from technology without buying more hardware and support services. This results in a dramatic reduction of costs for the customers. No wonder people like IBM Business Partner CloudOne are saying "Hey You, Get onto my Cloud!" The opportunity for customers to reduce their costs by using Cloud Computing creates an opportunity for IBM Business Partners to sell cloud related products and services.
The potential amount of services work in this area includes. Deployment Services, Integration Services - for integrating products both inside and outside the cloud, Customization Services, Migration Services - migrating data and applications to, from and between clouds, as well as Strategy and planning Services.
Designed specifically for IBM Business Partners, the workshop explained how you can participate in IBM cloud opportunities and benefit from the market opportunities. By 2012 Cloud Computing is expected to be a $60+B IT opportunity. Clearly, this is significant. This is a market opportunity we want to make sure you are prepared for!
1. Leverage IBM's Private and Public Cloud Offerings (Bring Your Own License Model):
- Sell new perpetual or Fixed Term Licenses to leverage our Cloud deployment model
- Sell and/or deliver Consulting Services, in conjunction with ISSR and GTS including best practices, virtual images and methodologies for your clients
- Deliver your applications for private and public cloud implementation
2. Develop your own hosted services offerings and leverage our SaaS Monthly Rental Program
- Rent our software to clients as part of your value-added, hosted services offerings
- Deliver Jazz-based Development Services, Test-as-a-Service, or Application Security Services
3. Take advantage of IBM Cloud Certification to establish your thought leadership
. Click here
to learn about IBM Rational Software delivery services for cloud computing
. At Innovate IBM announced Rational Software Delivery Services for Cloud Computing
support for IBM Cloudburst. IBM Cloudburst is a prepackaged and self-contained service delivery platform that can be easily and quickly implemented in a data center to deliver cloud computing. IBM Rational Software delivery services for cloud computing help leverage the cloud to transform software by providing software development and test solutions across multiple platforms, available for private cloud deployments on the IBM Smart Business Development and Test Cloud and as an offering for IBM Smart Business Development and Test on the IBM Cloud.
Look for more Cloud Computing workshops from IBM rolling out around the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific, meanwhile bookmark the IBM Business Partner Software Cloud Resource Center
page on PartnerWorld.
To learn more, visit the Cloud Resource Center at www.ibm.com/cloud