IBM Solution Accelerator Incentive
Rewards the simultaneous sale by IBM Business Partners of eligible IBM Servers and/or Storage with eligible IBM Software products. The incentive has a base reward and a "bundled solution" bonus:
- Base Incentive: Channel reward for selling eligible IBM hardware products and eligible IBM software products together
- Bonus Incentive: Additional channel rewards for selling predefined solution bundles. Additional rebate applies to the eligible software content of the solution bundle.
IBM Solution Accelerator Initiative for Distributors (expected Q2 2012)
IBM intends to announce an initiative that enables Distributors who meet published criteria to become authorized solution builders. As part of this initiative, they can also earn rewards for assembling eligible IBM Software and eligible Server and Storage components into a specific offering, accelerating the building, integration and delivery of solutions to market.
As you can see, IBM Distributors play a very important role in this initiative. IBM expects the distributors to work closely with the IBM Business Partners to identify and close sales opportunities leveraging the Solution Accelerator Incentive.
Other Key Announcements from the 2012 PartnerWorld Leadership Conference
The 2012 PartnerWorld Leadership Conference brings together more than 1,500 senior-level IBM Business Partner and IBM
leaders from across the globe to explore IBM strategies for cloud
computing, business analytics, smarter planet, the midmarket, and growth
markets. In conjunction with the conference, IBM also announced several additional incentives for IBM Business Partners related to key initiatives, including Smarter Cities
, Smarter Commerce
and Social Business
. Here's a summary of additional ways to earn:
Smarter Cities Incentives (expected Q2 2012)
In order to respond more quickly to rising demand for integrated solutions in cities globally, we're launching several incentive opportunities for IBM Business Partners related to Smarter Cities, including:
- SaaS Referral: New incentive for the Intelligent Operations Center Cloud offering
- Global Financing: IBM Business Partners working on Smarter Cities projects that are part of the Software Value Plus (SVP) program can access zero percent, 12-month, interest-free financing from IBM Global Financing
- Government and Industry Expertise: IBM Business Partners can take advantage of additional earnings opportunities through IBM's Industry and Capability Authorization incentives for on premise use of the Intelligent Operations Center
Smarter Commerce SaaS Incentive (expected Q2 2012)
This new incentive will accelerate cloud adoption by rewarding IBM Business Partners for selling SaaS solutions for Smarter Commerce, including those products associated with Smarter Commerce Industry Solutions.
Social Business SaaS Incentive
Qualified IBM Business Partners selling SaaS offerings to small or mid-sized companies will earn a rebate for selling IBM SmartCloud for Social Business.