Have you ever wished that you had a cheat sheet for navigating the PartnerWorld program? If you have, you're in luck! Recently, we introduced a new resource, the IBM Software Quick Start for Business Partners
, a web guide that breaks down the PartnerWorld program and helps you get what you need in six easy steps.
The IBM Software Quick Start will most definitely be helpful to new IBM Business Partners, but I think existing partners will also benefit. The Quick Start aggregates everything you'll need to manage your IBM relationship on a day-to-day basis, from updating your profile to accessing training to managing leads. Here's a brief overview of what you'll find there:
- Engage with PartnerWorld: How to register for PartnerWorld and optimize your profile so that you receive a personalized experience highlighting the information most relevant to your business. This step also explains PartnerWorld basics, such as membership levels, program benefits, and more.
- Receive Training, Certification and Support: Links to various Business Partner training programs, all aggregated on one tidy page. This page includes everything from professional certifications to face-to-face and virtual learning programs such as PartnerWorld University and the IBM Innovation Centers.
- Gain Skills and Certifications to Achieve Authorizations: A step-by-step guide to the Software Value Plus (SVP) program, and how to become an SVP authorized IBM Business Partner.
- Leverage Top Sales and Marketing Resources: An overview of sales and marketing benefits for IBM Business Partners, plus access to quarterly sales plays and enablement that will help you sell in specific scenarios, such as competitive takeouts, midmarket plays, and leveraging acquisitions.
- Manage Your Opportunities: Begin managing your opportunities and claim incentives with the Global Partner Portal, and understand how to optimize the leads that are passed to your business by IBM.
- Connect with Clients and Other Business Partners: Links to key directories, such as the Business Partner Locator, as well as information on how to connect with other partners and market your business via social media.
One thing that I really like about the IBM Software Quick Start for Business Partners is the Quick Start Video Series, which contains video demonstrations of how to perform some of the most important day-to-day tasks, such as updating your PartnerWorld profile
. Because something as small as a profile update can affect so many other aspects of the PartnerWorld program, such as whether you show up in the Business Partner Locator and how many leads you get passed, the videos are extremely helpful in making sure that you do it right the first time. Check out the first video in the series below:
Although there are only one or two videos available now, my colleagues tell me that there are many more videos that will be introduced over the next several months, covering topics such as creating a PartnerPlan and applying for the Software Value Incentive (SVI) program. There may still be an opportunity to add topics to the list, so if you have any topics that you'd like to see a demo on, please let us know!