On May 18th, at 12pm EST, IBM Collaboration Solutions General Manager Allistair Rennie, along with key members of his team, will lay out the next set of considerations for companies on the journey to become Social Business in a live broadcast at ibm.com/social
Organizations that successfully transform into a social business can reap the benefits to:
- deepen customer relationships
- drive operational effectiveness
- optimize the workforce
By activating networks of people with and beyond your 'company' boundaries, Social Businesses gain insight from customers, partners and employees to anticipate and capture opportunities, creating business value. Isn't it time you considered how to engage your broader business network?
IBM will announce the latest versions of IBM Sametime, IBM Connections, LotusLive, IBM WebSphere Content Management and IBM Forms. Here about new voice and video collaboration capabilities, new listening and monitoring tools, and much more that can help your clients cost effectively hone their social 'antennae' and quickly respond to market demands. Here's a look at the agenda:
- Achieving Value as a Social Business, Allistair Rennie, General Manager, IBM Collaboration Solutions
- The Future of Unified Communications is Social, Caleb Barlow, Director, Unified Communications and Collaboration
- Demonstration by Ted Stanton, IBM
- Solution Story: City of Fort Worth, Steve White, Unified Edge, Inc.
- Program Moderator, Jeff Schick, Vice President, Social Software, IBM
In a world of incremental improvements designed to wring the last drops of efficiency out of established business processes, becoming a Social Business offers a rare opportunity for you to help your clients achieve steps change improvements that impact growth, efficiency, innovation and competitiveness.
If you happen to
be at the Exceptional Web Experience Conference in Orlando, Florida, or the Deutsche Notes User Group in Bonn, fear not! We will have dedicated live simulcast sessions where you can participate.
Once again, here are the details:
May 18th, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. EST and available on demand immediately afterwards
Online at ibm.com/social