As most of our IBM Business Partners realize, part of Software Value Plus is the process of certifications and revalidation. In August 2010, we will review our Business Partners' certifications. And, in February 2011 we will begin checking for 2010 Value Revenue Percentage compliance. Mark these dates on your calendar, because this is important. We want to make sure that you have everything in good order to continue your participation in the programs.
Certifications will be checked by Product Group (Reseller Authorization Group). Remember that equates to two technical certifications, and one product certification per authorized Product Group.
If one or more of the certifications for a Product Group has expired as of August 1, then...
- SVI authorization for that Product Group will be immediately revoked, and the Business Partner may no longer submit opportunities under SVI for that Product Group.
- Software Value Plus requires that the Business Partner puts the necessary certifications in place for that Product Group by October 31, 2010.
- Software Value Plus Business Partners who previously qualified for the Early Readiness promotion for that Product Group will have until January 1, 2011 to put the certifications in place.
So here's how to check your status today online, and make sure you are prepared:
- Go to the IBM Professional Certification site to access certification history, request certificates, and get certification marks.
- If you need to recertify, get your certification information and requirements on the Training and Certification Web page. Scroll down the page to the Product Group details.
- Submit your SVI claims in order to meet the Value Revenue Percentage Revalidation beginning in February. Business Partners should visit PartnerWorld for additional details (see the appropriate operations guide for your geography).