The postings on this site solely reflect the personal views of each author and do not necessarily represent the views, positions, strategies or opinions of IBM or IBM management. IBM reserves the right to remove content deemed inappropriate.
Smarter Commerce Press Conference at IBM Impact 2011
On Day 2 of the IBM Impact conference, IBM sponsored a Smarter Commerce press conference. IBM General Manager of Industry Solutions, Craig Hayman, introduces a panel of speakers and provides an overview of the Smarter Commerce announcements in five key areas:
1. Advanced analytics: IBM Websphere Commerce and IBM Coremetrics Web Analytics help IBM customers better understand the effectiveness of marketing campaigns by giving them better visibility into their campaigns through detailed metrics and insights.
2. Cloud computing: IBM Coremetrics Lifecycle helps IBM customers track key customer advancement milestones as they decide on how to invest on targeting customers. The solution helps tracks marketing programs or new content and products launches.
3. Cross-channel commerce: IBM Websphere Commerce combined with IBM Coremetrics Intelligent Offer enables IBM customers to hop between channels such as web and mobile devices to gain immediate insight into behavior of customers. In the B2B space, IBM combined IBM Sterling Commerce with IBM Cognos Analytics to help in the configure, price, and quote process for customers to give a detailed understanding of pricing configurations.
4. Social business: IBM Coremetrics Social Analytics combined with IBM Websphere Commerce helps customers to get insights into metrics around terms and marketing aspects important to their social marketing campaigns.
5. Supply chain planning and execution: IBM Sterling Commerce Order Management combined with IBM Websphere Commerce helps customers manage the order as an item to be tracked through its entire life cycle. The solution allows IBM customers to optimize inventory, reduce stock outs, and more.
See the entire Smarter Commerce press conference below.