10 Ways to Prepare for IBM Business Analytics Government Forum
Delaney Turner 270003RQ8K Delaney.Turner@ca.ibm.com | | Tags:  spss cognos ibmsoftware business_analytics
0 Comments | 3,104 Visits
Today's guest post is by Blythe Howard-Chou, a Senior Writer for IBM Business Analytics software.
Smarter government. What does it look like and how do you get there?
Today’s local and national governments strive to “do more with less” while also meeting goals, driving accountability and improving outcomes. The 8th Annual IBM Business Analytics Government Forum on May 4 in Washington, DC, will focus on how IBM Business Analytics software can help government agencies or departments deliver on their mission, improve operations and ensure that responsible spending gets results. Thousands of public sector organizations worldwide rely on IBM Business Analytics software to assess how they’re doing, understand why they see particular trends and plan what they should be doing next.
I’ll be attending Government Forum and hope to see you there. For those of you who are attending, here are 10 things you can do to prepare:
1. Follow me on Twitter. I will be tweeting updates throughout the conference, along with information about smarter government, what I am learning and what others are learning from me. I’ll be using the #IBMGF tag.
2. View our demo, Analytics for Smarter Government, and find out how IBM Cognos and IBM SPSS solutions give leaders the trusted information they need to improve programs and services, lower risks and achieve better government outcomes.
3. Tune in to the big picture. IBM Business Analytics solutions can help you tackle challenges around cyber security, customs and immigration, crime prediction and prevention, performance management, traffic congestion, tactical defense data and more.
4. Think about how your organization uses social media. Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia, is the Forum’s keynote speaker. He’ll discuss how governments use social media to interact with citizens to improve services and drive better outcomes.
5. Read what Alexander B. Howard has to say about why government social media use matters to citizens. Howard serves as Radar's Government 2.0 correspondent for O’Reilly Media.
6. Read our white paper, Government analytics: Set goals, drive accountability and improve outcomes to discover how many public sector organizations rely on our software to ensure efficient spending and excellent results. The New York Police Department, The City of Albuquerque, Deutsche Bahn AG and Alameda County Social services are all mentioned here.
7. Find out how your organization can take a bite out of crime. Watch our demo, IBM Business Analytics for Crime Prediction and Prevention and see how IBM is helping law enforcement agencies capture, predict and act on crime information.
8. Consider the role predictive analytics plays in smarter government. Read Making Critical Connections: Predictive Analytics in Government and learn how agencies can make critical connections by combining advanced analytical techniques with decision-support capabilities.
9. Listen to the BI Radio podcast, Building smarter cities with business analytics. This episode covers three topics: analytics and urban governance, predictive policing and the urban upside of the data deluge.
10. Visit the IBM Government Forum page to learn more. This page provides previews of the conference, directs you to registration information and gives you the lowdown on all the sessions.