Key new functions for IBM Service Request (SR) release 2.5
- The IBM Service Request (SR) application has adopted the look and feel of the IBM Support Portal with this SR 2.5 release.
- Also, the IBM Support Portal's "Service requests and PMRs" tab will now be SR's home page.
- These two changes combine to create the appearance of IBM Support Portal and SR being the same application. This will give users going between IBM Support Portal and SR a more integrated user experience.
- Further integration has been achieved in this release by adding the user's IBM Support Portal product selections into the SR product selection functionality.
When a user selects products to work with in the IBM Support Portal, they can now quickly select those products while creating a service request.
The SR 2.5 release is scheduled to deploy to production on November 14, 2012.
Following are a few of the SR 2.5 improvements:
- Introduction of Common Registration - allowing the registration process to apply across multiple eSupport applications;
- This function separates the following areas into its own web application:
- My Agreements (which covers all registration/self nomination)
- User Admin
- Partner Admin
- Customer Admin
- Navigation - Portal Tab Integration
- Remove the need for separate log-in to SR
- Modify the service request create process to have a recently viewed product tab as an additional starting point (front end)
- Allow the title to be updated without updating the entire service request record
- Provide a means of service request status and history via mobile devices
For more information about all of IBM's Electronic Support sites and tools, please visit: http://ibm.com/electronicsupport