Submitted by Rhonda Jeshi
The System Overview Diagnostic tool gathers environment and system information.
The tool allows you to:
- Compare your system values from two different environments such as development and production.
- Gather system information in matter of seconds.
- Check information about your local drives.
For the Windows version, simply download and unzip the ZIP file and double-click the execute_IBM_SystemOverview.bat file. Other versions can be found here.
Here is what is collected -
- Local Drives
- System Information
- Microsoft Network® Adapter® Configuration
- Computer Name
- Operating System Version
- User and System Environment
- Java Information
- Microsoft® Internet® Explorer® Properties and Security Settings
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Trusted® Sites®
- Microsoft® Data® Access® (MDAC) Version
- Network Status/Statistics
- Microsoft® .NET® Framework®
- Add/Remove Programs
- Microsoft Windows Hotfixes
- ODBC Versions
- IBM Cognos cmplst.txt
With this front end, you can select and choose the system information you need, and by clicking the “Save Current Settings” your choices will be remembered for the next run.