The Proven Practice team has been busy for the past two months with new documents highlighting diagnostic tools
that have been the subject of a few Supportlink articles in the past few months.
(Ed - Also see the handy new Cognos Diagnostic Usability Matrix to, "to help provide assistance in choosing an appropriate diagnostic utility that can help in overall resolution of an issue.")
They have also updated some of their most popular documents such as the Dynamic Query Cookbook.
New and updated documents in the past two months are -
- Use Case: Data Retrieval - This document provides a troubleshooting methodology which incorporates publicly available utilities to diagnose and resolve an issue with connecting to a database. The error received is RQP-DEF-0068 Unable to connect to at least one database during a multi-database attach to 1 database(s) in: testDataSourceConnection.
- Use Case: Diagnosing a Server Startup Issue with the IBM Cognos Diagnostic Tool - This documents provides a troubleshooting methodology for a situation where a client calls IBM Cognos support and indicates one of their IBM Cognos BI servers in a multi-server environment will not start. The client is fairly sure that all the server environments are the same and adhere to the IBM Cognos supported environments listing on the support site.
- IBM Cognos BI - Unexpected Results When Performing Multi-Fact Queries (Stitch Queries) - This document discusses a number of issues that advanced report authors may encounter when they create reports that generate a stitch query (queries that include facts from multiple fact tables).
- IBM Cognos 8 BI Dispatcher Routing Explained - This document is meant to supplement the Security and Administration Guide and Architecture and Deployment Guide which are part of the IBM Cognos BI product documentation. It explains the concept of Dispatcher routing including load balancing and Advanced Routing.
- The IBM Cognos 10 Dynamic Query Cookbook - This document provides a single point of reference for techniques and product behaviors when dealing with the Dynamic Query Mode delivered with IBM Cognos 10.
To recieve a tweet every time a new Proven Practice document is published, follow @basupp.