The term "MustGather" represents the diagnostic data (system information, symptoms, log files, traces, and so on) that is required to resolve a problem. By collecting MustGather data before you open a PMR, you help IBM Support quickly determine the root cause of the issue. Before opening a PMR, make sure you have MustGather data to -
- Save time
- Help the Support Analyst troubleshoot
- Resolve problem faster
- Avoid common questions
The MustGather data will help Support determine -
- Whether symptoms match known problems (rediscovery).
- If you have a non-defect problem that can be identified and resolved.
- If there is a defect that identifies a workaround to reduce severity.
- If locating the root cause can speed development of a code fix.
Here's how to start -
- Capture core dumps for TM1 server crash analysis
- Use ADPlus as a debugging tool to collect TM1 server crash information
- Take a snapshot of the current state of TM1 Server
- Dump the file generated by your debugging tool
- Collect the TM1 Top log file
- Collect all the Tm1server.log.x files for delivery to IBM Cognos Support
- Collect all the TM1ProcessError.log files generated during the server session that crashed
- Ensure that adequate space is available in the nominated output location
Also see -
For details on more diagnostic tools, click here. To learn more about these tools and opportunities to develop new solutions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and read the following document - IBM Software Accelerated Value Program for IBM Cognos SDK.