The IBM Support Portal was updated on February 21st with several new features that IBM clients requested.
The IBM Support Portal is your one stop spot for technical support resources. It gives you a unified, centralized view of all technical support tools and information for all IBM systems, software, and services worldwide.
Document search enhancements
- Users who have signed in with their IBM ID can now filter search results by "all tags" and "my tags".
- When displaying a list of documents, the "my tags" option shows only those documents you tagged previously. Also, when viewing a document, the "my tags" option shows only the tags you added to that document.
- A "Tips" link is now available in the search box (located in the upper right corner of the IBM Support Portal pages) to provide users with tips on creating meaningful search terms.
- Non-English speaking users can choose to search English documents after selecting the "View All" or "More" results links within modules.
Product search enhancements
- Improvements have been made to provide the most relevant results when searching for a product with the 'Quick find' or ''Find a product' functions.
- The IBM Support Portal now recognizes searches for products that have been recently sold or acquired and provide links to the proper support site for the product.
Mobile site updates
- A link to fixes (downloads) is now available on the mobile site. This link takes users to the Fix Central site where fixes are available.
Direct access from ibm.com/support for additional locales
- Previously, users in many locales were directed to country specific support pages when accessing ibm.com/support. Now many more users that select a country/region from the ibm.com top navigation will be taken directly to the IBM Support Portal when accessing the technical support site from ibm.com.
Visit the IBM Support Portal to experience IBM's continuously updated support site first hand!
For more information about IBM's Electronic Support sites and tools, please visit: http://www.ibm.com/electronicsupport.