Are you aware of the upcoming End of Service (EOS) for IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 8.4.1?
IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 8.4.0 and later IBM Cognos software releases follow IBM policy regarding End of Service. IBM announces, via a Release for Announcement and/or News item, the EOS date of a software release a minimum of twelve (12) months in advance of the date. Cognos BI 8.4.1 will reach EOS on September 30, 2013. At that time, we will no longer be able to provide you with call logging and defect fixes for this software release without the purchase of a service extension to go along with your current subscription and support agreement. An overview of the IBM software lifecycle policy as well as link to the EOS announcement for BI 8.4.1 are included below.
IBM strongly recommends that you upgrade to a more recent release of the product, including the recently released IBM Cognos Business Intelligence V10.1 or higher. Software upgrades are an important part of maximizing your investment in IBM Software.
To help accelerate successful deployment of your upgrade, IBM Software Services for Business Analytics can work together with your in-house team or your designated business partner to provide an upgrade service that best meets your needs. From on-site to remote upgrades, our flexible services will help you achieve your goals.
Featured Upgrade Services At-a-Glance
|IBM Cognos Business Intelligence V10.x Upgrade Assessment Service
- Assess upgrade complexity and readiness
- Identify upgrade options and alternatives
- Determine your business priorities in upgrading and upgrade path options
- Utilize IBM Cognos technical expertise in planning your upgrade
- Leverage new IBM Cognos Business Intelligence V10.x software features sooner
- IBM proven practices on upgrade projects
|IBM Cognos Business Intelligence V10.x Upgrade Planning Service
- Customized scope and plan adapted to your upgrade strategy
- Aligns your business priorities, IT requirements and upgrade goals to your upgrade plan
- Establish an environment(s) plan using IBM proven practices
- Training plan designed to build necessary skills
- Practical implementation plan and scope based on well-documented requirements Access to IBM specialists who can help your planning and accelerate your upgrade
- Earlier utilization of new IBM Cognos software features and options
|IBM Cognos Business Intelligence V10.x Upgrade Initiate Service
- Establish an Upgrade Environment
- Determine your most suitable upgrade strategy
- Upgrade your existing IBM Cognos Business Intelligence V8 content
- Installation and configuration of an IBM Cognos Business Intelligence V10.x Upgrade Environment
- Proven practices from IBM specialists with information transfer on the upgrade process
|IBM Cognos Business Intelligence V10.x Upgrade Advisor Service
- Provides expert guidance throughout your upgrade project
- Upgrade approach specific to your business requirements and upgrade priorities
- Offers advice about assessing and implementing the appropriate upgrade strategy
- Includes a dedicated resource to aid issue resolution and provide go-live support
- Access to a dedicated experienced upgrade resource
- Reduce the time to go live, and improve the quality and reliability of your IBM Cognos 10 environment
- Accelerated support case handling and resolution with proactive recommendations
If your organization is considering or planning for an upgrade, IBM Software Services for Business Analytics can assist you to assess, plan, and execute your upgrade.
To start the process of engaging IBM, please contact Cognos Business Intelligence V10.x Upgrade Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your local Software Services Sales representative.
For more information
To stay up to date on software releases, End of Service and other important information, we strongly encourage you to setup eNotifications on the Support Portal for those products that are of interest to you and/or to follow us on Twitter @BASupp.
Follow @basupp on Twitter
for updates, news, articles and videos related to Business Analytics Support.