Healthcare and Life Sciences organizations make an Impact with IBM software
Ryan Boyles 100000UX41 email@example.com | | Tags:  ibmimpact websphere software clients healthcare life-science
0 Comments | 3,665 Visits
Guest post by Chris Schmitt, Worldwide WebSphere Industry Marketing Manager
Consider these recent achievements by healthcare and life sciences enterprises:
• The Ottawa Hospital in Ontario, Canada, became a Top 10% performer in Quality of Care and Patient Safety in North America
• Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, USA, saved 60% to 80% of the connectivity-related cost of developing and testing new projects
• Premier Healthcare Alliance in North Carolina, USA, contributed to saving of 23,000 lives and $2.85B among 157 of its 2500 member hospitals
• American Well of Massachusetts, USA, enables its customers/patient to access physicians in nearly real time with lower costs
• Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, USA, I\increased diagnostic sensitivity for detection of acute brain aneurysms by an estimated 25%
• Athlete’s Performance in Massachusetts, USA, achieved a 92 % customer retention rate and made customized training programs competitive
• Abbott Laboratories anticipates over $10M in inventory savings through cost-effective automated inventory planning and management
• University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pennsylvania, USA, projects a $30M IT capital and operating cost savings with 150% capacity increase
The next could be you.
Do you want to know what makes this possible? Application and integration middleware software from IBM. Impact 2013 is the best venue for understanding how healthcare and life science organizations have leveraged IBM software in order to:
√ Achieve outcomes that matter with information technology to facilitate access and collaboration, optimize operations and quality, and ensure sustainability and growth.
√ Obtain and maintain business agility to ensure cost-effective and timely response to changing legal and regulatory requirements and enterprise operational models.
√ Create and leverage five competencies to redefine healthcare and life sciences: collaboration/partnering, information proficiency, healthcare personalization, talent retention, technology enablement.
The event this year will be vital to you with presentations from key healthcare and life science clients Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, Humana, and Kaiser Permanente.
Read another blog post to learn more about Healthcare and Life Science solutions from IBM
Impact 2013 will be held at The Venetian in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, from April 28 through May 2. So what are you waiting for? Register today!