- helped manage IBM's
S/390 and AS/400 businesses through a number of challenging industry
transitions in technology, computing styles and business models
- was responsible for building strategic
alliances as part of IBM's business development initiatives
- built the Software Group mergers and acquisition team and played a prominent role in the acquisitions of Lotus, Tivoli, and eight other software companies
- played a leading role in the
launch and development of the WebSphere Portal business
- was a major driver in a number of our software start-up businesses, including Pervasive Computing and Software Group Industry Solutions
- participated in some really bad skits on the Lotusphere stage. Holy cow they were bad...
The entire UC2 team wishes him all the best and his leadership will be missed.
As for Sametime, the rest of the team remains intact and our focus unchanged. I had hoped to be able to announce Bruce's successor at the same time as his retirement, but that is still in the works. I'll let you know as soon as I am able.