Key updates include:
- Product selection enhancements
- Notification subscription enhancement
- Social media tag display and search filtering
- “Quick start” page has been simplified, and users will notice a cleaner interface.
- After users select the Version for a product, only supported operating systems are available for selection.
Find a Product - New “Products for <user name>” option
- A new radio button entitled "Products for <user name>" has been added and offers three choices: My AVP products, My inventories and My supported software.
My supported software
- This is a new option allows users to select products based on their list of supported software products registered in Service Request.
My AVP Products
- This option was previously located under the “Browse for product” section. If selected, it provides a list of products included in Accelerated Value Program contracts.
- This option was previously located under the “Browse for product” section. If selected, it provides a list of inventory files uploaded through Fix Central or Electronic Support Agent.New Information IconsInformation icon for “My inventories”
- From within the “My inventories” product list box, selecting the blue “i” (information) icon provides additional information about which inventory file (or files) contain that product.
Information icon for Serviceable Software Products
- When a Serviceable Software Product appears in the "Find a product" selection list, the blue "i" (information) icon appears beside the offering name if the SSP is expandable.
- Selecting the icon displays the list of products in the product offering.
- Serviceable Software Products are collections of software products that share support content such as DB2 for z/OS which is a group of related tools.
- Signed in users can quickly subscribe to download and fix notifications in the "Downloads and fixes" and "Problem resolution" modules.
- This feature provides the ability to
subscribe to downloads and fixes for products the user is not currently
subscribed in My notifications.
defined social media tags previously were displayed on the search results page, but could not be searched by keyword or filtered from the search
results page. Users can now filter on social media tags when
selecting "View All" or "More" results links within portlets.
- Clicking on the tag will search for other documents that contain the tag. Up to five user-defined tags will display on filtered results list.
- To remove a tag from the filtered list, select the [x] beside the search tag for the "x" beside "Remove all".