User benefits include:
- More effective user search experience
- Improved search producing more relevant results
- Analytics to enable continual search improvements
Our new search philosophy is based on the following principles:
- The use of analytics to intelligently classify documents and identify key topics/terms most appropriate for the user.
- An improved technique to associate concepts and meanings with the words and phrases of a search query.
- The ability to use dynamic rules to control and customize how the search engine processes various types of queries.
- This innovative and powerful search engine is a joint project with IBM Research that utilizes many of the same technologies as the notable Watson system that won as the all-time champion on Jeopardy, a US television game show.
When searching from the Support home page or any task page, the following options appear below the search query box: “Within my selected products” and “All support & downloads”.
- If “Within my selected products” is chosen, your search will be filtered against the products you have selected with a check mark on the “Choose a product” module.
- If “All support and downloads” is chosen, your search will be performed against all IBM products.
- If you prefer to find content for only one product, ensure you have selected only that product on the “Choose a product” module.
- The default search option is “Within my selected products”. This option refines searches to content associated with your active products (the ones you currently have selected with a check mark).
- The following graphic displays the options to further refine your search by Task, Content Type and Subject. The results list is dynamically refreshed as additional filter options are selected.
- Selecting “Clear all” will remove the additional filter options and refresh the result list accordingly.
- When the search result list displays, options are available to further refine or broaden your search by choosing to search “All support or downloads” or “Within my active products”. You may also change your filter options for Task, Content Type and Subject. These options can be seen in the following graphics.