Please visit the site at www.ibm.com/supportportal.
Some key features include:
- Enhanced Technical Support and My Inventory programs available in My Support Programs module for authorized users
- Ability to view current orders and invoices from the Support Portal - Customer Support OnLine link
- Ability to view technical support information for Power systems at the machine type and model level
- Ability to view fixes for specific operating systems, versions and releases directly from the Support Portal
- Search module moved to a common location similar to other industry websites
Defects resolved in this release include:
- 5439: Downloads and Fixes portlet unavailable
- 809: Back button from search result takes you to beginning of result set, rather than where you left off
Enhancement requests implemented in this release include:
- 1752: Clarify different search options
- 3592: Eliminate redundant hover text
- 1097, PLEE-7X2VXX: allow feedback form to accept different character format from other languages
Key feature details:
Enhanced Technical Support and My Inventory programs available in My Support Programs module for authorized users
Authorized customers will now have access to the ETS and My Inventory programs in the My Support Programs module
These programs provide links to Enhanced Technical Support features to which the user is entitled to access, including the following new Support Portal modules:
- My reports
The My reports module provides access to Maintenance Level Comparison Reports (MLCR) for users' entitled systems.
- My systems
The My systems module provides access to inventory information collected from hardware and software systems by IBM Electronic Service Agent (ESA).
- Services administration
Services administration provides the following functionality:
- My service profile: systems
My service profile: systems provides a view of users' systems associated with their IBM ID. Users can name a group of systems, add a contact to systems, or disassociate a system with their IBM ID.
- My service profile: customer numbers
My service profile: customer numbers allows users to add and remove customer numbers that are associated to their IBM ID.
- Administrator: requests
Administrator: requests allows the customer administrator to manage requests from users to add or remove customer numbers associated to their IBM ID.
- Administrator: customer numbers
Administrator: customers allows administrators of IBM customer numbers to associate users with customer numbers.
- Administrator: systems
Administrator: systems enables primary contacts to manage the relationship of IBM IDs to their systems, including adding and removing contacts for a system and modifying primary contact settings.
- My service profile: systems
Ability to view current orders and invoices from the Support Portal - Customer Support OnLine link
Users can now access Customer Support OnLine via the portal using the “Access your order and invoices” link in Support Resources in the right hand column of the portal.
Ability to view fixes for specific operating systems, versions and releases directly from the Support Portal
- Users can get directly to a list of fixes in Fix Central and will not be prompted to re-select their product/VRM/OS in Fix Central.
- Link to recommended fixes in Fix Central for those products that support recommended fixes.
To align with best practices on other web sites, the Search module has been repositioned to the upper right.
1. Notifications using inventory (for clients with premium contracts) are not available in the Notifications module at this time. Those notices are available on the Electronic Services site at www.ibm.com/support/electronic.