Please visit the site at www.ibm.com/supportportal.
Some key features include:
- IBM Software Accelerated Value Program features
- Improved usability of product selection
- Filtering by version and OS
- Enhanced Warranty module
- Enhanced download experience
- Enhanced IBM service request for software module
- Top ten modules
- My support contracts module
- IBMLink access
Defects resolved in this release include:
- 838: "software product version" filtering numbers are incorrect in search
Enhancement requests implemented in this release include:
- 878: Masthead recognition when not signed in
- 863: Difficult to find product lifecycle pages
- 1982: Single sign-in support between masthead and Support Portal
Key feature details:
IBM Software Accelerated Value Program features
IBM Software Accelerated Value Program (AVP) clients are entitled to premium content and features including:
- My support programs module
The “My support programs” module on the Overview page gives AVP clients access to their company's collaborative communities, product list, IBM contact information, and reports.
- AVP clients have access to restricted premium content throughout the portal, which is marked with a special AVP program icon.
- AVP Lotus clients have access to draft technotes.
- AVLs have access to all of their AVP clients' company product lists and company reports.
Improved usability of product selection
- Users can now choose to edit the version/OS of their selected products from the “Choose your products” module.
- Users can now more easily add multiple instances of a product with different versions or operating systems to their product list.
- “Search for a product” is now the default tab in the product selector. However, if a user chooses to use the “Browse for a product” tab rather than the “Search for a product” tab, that preference will be retained for the next use of the product selector.
- Users can now search for products in the product selector using common product name synonyms.
Filtering by version and OS
Enhanced Warranty module
Enhanced download experience
The “Recommended fixes,” “Download tools,” and “More download links” modules have been removed, and these links have been moved to the “Downloads and fixes” module.
Enhanced IBM Service Request for software module
Top ten modules
My support contracts module
A new "My support contracts" module is available to all signed in users on the Overview and Troubleshooting pages. “My support contracts” allow users to access information about their support agreements.
- The new Warranty module features are currently available in English only.
- Please avoid using Internet Explorer v8 with the IBM Support Portal. It is currently not a supported browser, and there are known issues, including: content will not appear for anonymous users in the IBM Support Portal when using IE v8.
- When AVP customers sign into the IBM Support Portal, the associated company name is being recorded for metrics purposes. User details are not recorded.