IBM Support Portal News And Alerts
A new brand has been added to the product selector.
The "System x Integrated Solutions" brand has been added to the product list.
1. Notifications are not yet available for the products under the new brand in the "Notifications" module.
2. Downloads and fixes are not yet available for some of the products under the new brand in the "Downloads and fixes" module.
3. When using search, the "Cloudburst" product under the "System x Integrated Solutions" brand may be listed twice.
The IBM Support Portal Release 3.2 has been deployed.
Please visit the site at www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal.
Some key features include:
Defects resolved in this release include:
Enhancement requests implemented in this release include:
Key feature details:
Downloads and fixes portlet
A new "Downloads and fixes" portlet appears on the Downloads page. This portlet replaces the previous "Fix Central" and "Software and device drivers" portlets that used to appear on the page. The "Fix Central" and "Software and device drivers" will no longer be available in the portal.If you had previously customized your pages and added these portlets to another page, you will want to remove them.
Show/Hide empty modules
The IBM Support Portal dynamically searches for technical content based on several factors including: product selections, task selected, and available topics. If no content is found for a module, that module does not appear on the portal page. This may be confusing when you are adding or deleting modules from a page. The IBM Support Portal now enables you to show or hide empty modules by using the Show/Hide controls.
When a user selects the "Show empty modules" link, modules that are placed/located on the page but are not currently displayed will appear. The link name will also change to "Hide empty modules."
When a user selects the "Hide empty modules" link, modules that do not currently have any content will no longer be displayed, and the link name will change to "Show empty modules."
Sort product look-up results
Users can now sort the results of their product look up by keyword relevance or alphabetically. Only the first 100 results will be sorted alphabetically.
Changes in how language/location preference is managed
The default locale and language of the Support Portal is American English.
To set your locale, click 'change' at the top of the page.
You will be prompted to select a country and language. Once you select your country, you will be automatically redirected to the ibm.com homepage for that country. You can get back to the portal by using your browser's back button or re-entering the URL. Your country selection will be stored in a cookie and persist between sessions.
If you are a signed in user and the country selection at the top of the page has not been specified, the Support Portal will use the information saved in your IBM registration profile.
Finally, if none of the previous values have been set, the portal will use the language settings from your browser.
In summary, the language displayed in the IBM Support Portal will be determined by evaluating settings in the following order:
* URL (if it is set from a redirecting location)
* Country Selector at the top of the page
* Your signed in Profile
* Browser Language setting
New brands and products in the product selector
The following brands (with associated products) have been added to the product list:
Point of Sale
4690, AIX, and IBM i Operating Systems
Changes to the System availability section
There are several changes to note.
1. There are now two links to display outage details:
* The "Current availability" link will show details on any current outages that the IBM Support Portal is experiencing.
* The "Planned outages" link will show details of any future planned outages. This link will only appear when outages are scheduled.
2. Messages requiring users' attention will display in the new "Site availability & news" portlet. This text will appear in orange font at the top of the portlet.
3. News links about the IBM Support Portal have been moved to the new "Site availability & news" portlet from the "Flashes & alerts" portlet.
IBM Support Portal is now using IBM n.Fluent machine translation in "Translate this page."
1. The Warranty portlet does not support Norway as a locale in R3.2.
Support will be added in a future release.
2. Reminder regarding product selection
You do not need to select all products you are going to work with in the product selector or on the quick start page before using the IBM Support Portal. Your product list can be changed at any time within the IBM Support Portal. For an optimal experience and to maximize site responsiveness, you may want to limit the products that are active to 5 or less.
IBM Support Portal has recently been named one of the Ten Best Web Support Sites in 2010 by the Association of Support Professionals!