IBM Support Portal Release 2
Release 2 of the IBM Support Portal is now deployed (September 18, 2009)!
This release provides improvements in performance, usability and function based on feedback from internal users and external clients.
Highlights of this release
- A new Service Request (SR) module displays the registered user's software service requests on the Open service request page. To view the Service Request module, add a software product to your product context. This function allows clients to view their open service requests directly within the SR portlet and to create new service requests. The portlet also includes a registration feature for those not already registered with SR.
- Storage is now available under Hardware in the product choice list.
- There is a fastpath to type in a product name to find the product for "choose your products".
- System Availability information is displayed in the right-hand column.
- There is a new Flashes and Alerts module.
- Marketing spots are provided for Tivoli from the Merchandising Trading Exchange tool (MTE) content management tool. About MTE. This provides the framework for other marketing spots to be presented using the MTE tool.
- This release provides support for 19 country/languages: Brazil, Portuguese, Bulgaria - Bulgarian, Canada - French, China - Simplified Chinese, Croatia - Croatian, Czech Republic - Czech, Denmark - Danish, Estonia - Estonian, France - French, Germany - German, India - Hindi, Italy - Italian, Japan - Japanese, Korea - Korean, Netherlands - Dutch, Russia - Russian, Spain - Spanish, Taiwan - Traditional Chinese, United Kingdom - English. Note: the "Site Assistance" pages will be translated in a future release.
- System x functions: Inventory upload, download matrices, integration of technical document display, restricted access documents
- User requested enhancements such as product selector improvements, news item dates, ability to hide hero graphic
- No additional sign in required for viewing entitled documents in the knowledge database (dBlue)
- Remaining requirements for "Click to try" for System x, Storage, System z, Rational, and Tivoli clients
Items of interest:
1. When you search from the masthead on the quick start page, the search returns only documents that are written in the language of the page. In the example below, French documents will be returned for the search from the French quick start page. In the future, documents written in English will also be included in the search results.
When a search results requires registration (the key icon appears) the user is prompted to sign in. Intermittently the sign in page does not appear and instead the browser appears to loop. If this occurs, click on Stop on the browser and try again.
This has now been fixed (Sept. 22)