Support Portal Release 0.8 is now to a selected group of customers!
Some of the new functions and features include:
- New warranty portlet
- Showing and hiding of portlets based on content availability
If a portlet has no content based on the products in the user's context, that portlet will not be shown. The hiding of portlets applies only to the center of the page (the 'white' space).
- Display and bookmark friendly URLs - You will now see a 'friendly' name for the address on a task page. For example a URL ending in /install or /troubleshooting is readable and matches the task name.
- 'Twistie' improvements to show and hide content:
Opening more than one 'twistie' in a portet allows you to see more content and compare items in the portlet
Open 'twisties' now remain open.
When one product is selected, all 'twisties' are open.
- Multiple improvements to user interface based on client feedback
- Portlet changes based on user input
- Removed "Training" portlet from Documentation page so it appears only on the Overview task page
- Divided portlets and deployed on appropriate task pages:
- Flashes and Alert portlet and Product News portlet displayed as separate functions
- Added "Tools" portlet on Downloads, Troubleshooting, Planning, Installation and Usage task pages
- Added "Documentation" portlet on Troubleshooting, Planning, Installation and Usage task pages
- Added "Plan an Upgrade" and "Install an Upgrade" portlets
- Minor portlet name changes such as "Featured links" instead of "Featured"
We appreciate any feedback that you have for us. To submit your feedback to the Support Portal project team, you can either send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a response within the Support Portal by clicking on the link in the Support feedback portlet located on any of the task pages.