Dear IBM ILOG Optimization Partner,
As you may have heard, for instance from our announcement at the INFORMS Practice Conference in
As part of our integration into IBM, ILOG has adopted a standard IBM policy to not enforce license terms through the technical mechanism of keys. Our software products still have license terms, of course, and you will continue to see and agree to those license terms as you download and/or install the products - what is changing is that there is no longer any distribution of a commercial "license key", and no need to install such key or any additional license software to enable the product. We hope that you as an ILOG partner will find this simplification as welcome as we believe our end-users will. The administrative overhead of having to obtain license keys is now gone, and support questions from users about why the software is not operating or is displaying an "error message" becomes a thing of the past.
Of course, you can take advantage of this increased flexibility on your own schedule; license keys are still obtainable for legacy releases such as IBM ILOG CPLEX 12.1 and earlier. Here is how the change might affect you when you decide to upgrade to CPLEX Optimization Studio 12.2:
- In general, API licensing calls within your program are no longer necessary.
- For the current release, such calls are still permissible and do nothing when executed.
- We recommend removing these calls at your earliest convenience.
- If you have been assisting your customers in acquiring license key files from IBM ILOG, this is no longer necessary.
- Similarly, it is no longer necessary to embed license keys (aka "RUNTIME" keys) in your software. Your customers will not likely notice that anything has changed.
Again, we believe this change will be greatly welcomed by the vast range of users of ILOG's optimization engines and modeling tools. We thank you for your past and future business with us. Please do not hesitate to contact your IBM account manager if you have further questions or concerns.
If you have any questions about this upcoming change or need any assistance, please contact me at email@example.com. I will be happy to help you and connect you to the right resources. Regards, Jim Claussen Manager, WW WebSphere ILOG Channel Marketing
If you have any questions about this upcoming change or need any assistance, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be happy to help you and connect you to the right resources.
Manager, WW WebSphere ILOG Channel Marketing