IBM Solutions for Smart Business offerings are priced and packaged for the midmarket.
They are now even easier for IBM Business Partners to sell.
We've expanded our web presence, created end to end channel enablement and marketing support plus introduced new product enhancements for our flagship offering IBM Virtual Desktop.
Meet the Family. Review the Resources Ready for Business Partners and you.
Welcome! Solutions for Smart Business from IBM is a new family of offerings designed for small and medium size organizations with limited IT staff that want to take advantage of specialized IT business solutions without the complexity or cost of traditional technology packages. Sold through IBM's Business Partner channel, these offerings are designed to deliver quicker time to value through a ready-to-run package with usage-based, subscription pricing that combines pre-integrated components and flexible delivery options.
- IBM Virtual Desktop for Smart Business (VDSB), with VERDE from Virtual Bridges, is an end-to-end desktop management solution that lowers the barriers of adoption, complexity, and costs traditionally associated with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure technology. Allows access to a personal PC desktop from anywhere, using any device - bringing the power of virtual computing to your employee's desktop, without the hassles.
- IBM Application Manager for Smart Business provides comprehensive monitoring and reporting of IT infrastructure performance, including network, servers, and databases. Provides the capability to quickly and comprehensively monitor, alert and report on the performance and availability of your key IT infrastructure. Helps IT managers identify troublesome trends before they lead to service outages.
- IBM Service Manager for Smart Business provides the midmarket service desk capabilities through ITIL V3.0 aligned service request, incident, and problem management processes. Encompasses a broad variety of features that enable a single point of contact to automate incident and problem management. Includes dashboards showing real-time performance views, remote diagnostics capability, and survey management capability.
Resources and web pages available to help Business Partners generate demand and sell more!
- Customers and prospects can learn more at Solutions for Smart Business on ibm.com. Our portfolio's presence on the web will continue to develop and drive greater awareness and generate more sales. Check out the video, analyst white papers, TCO Calculator for Virtual Desktop, and more.
- IBM Business Partner Resellers and our Sales teams can access more than 40 enablement, marketing and sales assets to help identify, validate, progress and close business. Share and bookmark these links to access the latest resources:
What Can the Latest IBM Virtual Desktop for Smart Business Do?
We announced IBM Virtual Desktop for Smart Business v2.2
on March 29. This latest release:
- Enhances the End User Experience with higher performance multimedia support and increased flexibility and portability through full USB 2.0 peripheral support for integrated offline and online VDI.
- Eases the IT Management Burden with enhanced monitoring and reporting, role and task-based provisioning, and enhanced Microsoft Active Directory integration using IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator (TDI).
- Drives Down Total Cost of Ownership via multiple server clustering to handle more users, more System x hardware choices and tested configurations.
- Supports Additional Languages: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese simplified and Chinese traditional.
Also available: IBM Virtual Desktop for Smart Business powered by System x is an integrated software and hardware solution that is now available for ordering in the System x ordering systems. Read more in the April 5 announcement.
Virtual Desktop for Smart Business "Train the Trainer" World Tour!
Our Smart Business team is bringing VDSB enablement to our local sales teams. Key stops on the world tour to train the trainers on the the new offering, selling resources and tactics include:
Poland March 23-25
China March 28-30
Australia - Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra April 4-8
UK - London, Birmingham April 4-5
Germany - Ennighien, Berlin, Copenhagen April 6-8
Singapore early April
India - Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai April 11-15
Spain - Madrid April 11
France - Paris April 12
Italy - Rome April 13
Netherlands - Brussels, Amsterdam April 14-15
US and Canada planning for late April
Training Coordinator: Tim Shortley