Lotus Knows how to make Unified Communications Easy: IBM Lotus Sametime 8.5 is here!
The new version of Sametime is about to be released just in time for the holidays. The upgradeis already garnering high praise. The View from Forrester Research
on the ZDNet blog notes, "this product is an important upgrade." Ted Schalder of Forrester
writes that Sametime 8.5 contains the "core elements of click-to-conference — not just instant messaging and
presence — baked into it. And for ad hoc collaboration,
clilck-to-conference is a much richer and easier thing to do that
loading up separate applications for instant messaging, video
conferencing, and Web conferencing.
Sametime 8.5 is the most significant release in three years - further solidifing the transformation of Sametime into the market-leading platform for Unified Communications and Collaboration. IBM announced on December 15 that Sametime 8.5 will be available beginning December 22, 2009.
What's new in the latest release:
- A new online Meeting experience - online meetings are easier than ever, just a click away!
- Zero-download, browser-based instant messaging client - great news for resource constrained deployments and chat enabling web sites.
- New Proxy APIs - the ability to extend unified communications capabilities to your web apps (CEBP) through standard web development tools
- A modern video infrastructure - with higher-quality, lower bandwidth codecs and improved integration into standards-based SIP endpoints
- New mobile device support - including a browser-based iPhone client
- A new centralized management console - making it easier for IT to deploy and administer Sametime.
For our valued IBM Business Partners, there are a wealth of Sales and Marketing resources available for you to use TODAY. Here are a few things for you to use to help you get up to speed: Selling Resources:
Review the latest Sametime 8.5 Sales Kit on PartnerWorld, including presentations, whitepapers, and more.
- Test drive Sametime 8.5 capabilities on Lotus Greenhouse. PartnerWorld members can also download the Sametime 8.5 software and use internally at no charge.
- Come to hear more about Sametime 8.5 at Lotusphere 2010. If you attend, you'll hear Bruce Morse in a new Executive Insight track, take in competitive sessions, participate in the Lotusphere Business Development Day, plus other activities across the Lotus portfolio.
- Keep an eye open for new sales and technical enablement for Business Partners, including a February 2010 Think Thursday webcast, new materials on the Virtual Innovation Center and the Sametime domain in IBM developerWorks, and more.
- Make Sametime 8.5 a key focus for your 1Q activities, especially in the "Reduce Costs with Lotus Notes/Domino 8.5 and Up-sell Advanced Collaboration" Sales Plays, and by sponsoring or participating in local "Lotusphere Comes To You" events.
Take advantage of all the Partnerworld Resources so you can get up to speed quickly and leverage opportunities!