In response to: Enterprise Report Management (the other ERM)
Have any other countries set a target date to stop using
In UK news today; cheques (or Checks for American readers) will be
phased out by October 2018 due to the payment method being in
"terminal decline", but only if adequate alternatives are
Banks and credit providers have been investing in chips which allow
a customer to pay when the chip is pushed against a sensor, known
as contactless technology. Using a mobile phone to pay is another
Full article - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8414341.stm
Will you be attending Lotusphere 2010
? We will! Come visit IBM ECM in the IBM area in the Product Showcase at pedestal number 17.
We'll also be scheduling one-on-one meetings to address your individual questions. Meet with our experts and executives during your available time during the show. Interested? Stop by the pedestal during the product showcase hours or email Mia Winn
to schedule a meeting in advance.
Don't forget to add our ECM speakers to your Lotusphere agenda!
We also suggest these sessions:
Sunday, January 17
Monday, January 18
Tuesday, January 19
Wednesday, January 20
Thursday, January 21
The ECM Regional UserNet events, hosted by local ECM user groups in partnership
with IBM, are designed to bring together an extended local ecosystem of talent
to draw and learn from including clients, IBM ECM experts and ValueNet partners.
Attend one of this year’s Regional UserNet events at no cost
where you can:
- Participate in an exceptional agenda including keynote presentations
from industry leaders, over 36 breakout sessions delivered by our product
experts and business partners, and don’t forget the product demos and hands-on
- Leverage the many networking opportunities to share ideas for using
information to drive ROI, reduce costs, manage risk and improve case management.
- Experience real-world solutions and the latest industry innovations that
can help your organization achieve an information-led transformation.
you are an IT professional, senior executive, part of the legal department, a
line-of-business manager or compliance officer, this is your opportunity to
participate in the exchange of best practices and experience the leading
industry solutions. Best of all, these events are FREE!
Cities we'll be visiting from April - June 2010:
Don't forget to share this info with your colleagues as well. We've made it easy by posting the events in Facebook as well!
Good attendance at the CMOD related sessions this year. Here is a quick review of the topics covered:
Customer led sessions
Best Practices for Content Manager OnDemand Java API Monitoring, Alerting and Retrieval of AFP to z/OS by Benny Ormson of AT&T Services
A Mountain to Migrate: Content Manager OnDemand, by Lorelei Puthuff from BCBS of South Carolina.
OnDemand User Group (ODUG) Meeting
IBM led sessions
Using IBM Web Interface (WEBi) with IBM Content Manager OnDemand and Content Manager 8, by Louise Hawley.
Best Practices for Content Manager OnDemand z/OS Implementation, by Hassan (Al) Shazly.
Meet the Expert with Greg Felderman
Top Ways to Improve your FileNet P8, CM8 and CMOD System Performance by Bill Taylor.
Leveraging the Benefits of IBM Content Manager OnDemand: A Product Update – by Louise Hawley and Neil Parrott.
Content Manager OnDemand User Group/Birds of a Feather, led by Greg Felderman and Neil Parrott
What topics would you like to see covered at future events?
IBM FileNet P8 customers will be interested to know that the latest update of the IBM FileNet P8 documentation was released November 30, 2010.
You can read more about the updates in the IBM FileNet P8 information center
; affected products include:
- IBM InfoSphere Enterprise Records
- IBM InfoSphere Enterprise Records.
- IBM Workplace XT
- Legacy Content Search Engine
The latest updates come on top of the documentation refresh of May 2010, which included an installable information center
, and a refresh of IBM FileNet P8 Platform 4.5.1-001documentation
We're really excited to be returning to Lotusphere in 2011! The ECM team will be leading four sessions (listed below) that focus on what ECM can do for you and how to leverage your Lotus investment to get the most out of ECM.
Additionally, you can meet our team and get personalized demonstrations in our pedestals on the expo floor. Find us in the IBM section of the expo hall. If you'd like to schedule a 1:1 meeting with one of our experts or executives, please contact me - Mia Winn.
The weather in Orlando is lovely, so leave your snow boots behind and bring your sunny disposition. See you there!
Speaker: Ken Bisconti, Vice President, ECM Software Products and Strategy
Wednesday, February 2nd, 10:00am - 11:00am | Location: DL S. Hemisphere II
Speakers: Cengiz Satir, Manager, CM Products and Strategy & Diane Loomis, Senior Offering Manager, Social Software
Wednesday, February 2nd, 3:00pm - 4:00pm | Location: SW Mockingbird
Speakers: Mohan Natraj, Global Offering Executive - IBM Content Collector & Arthur Fontaine, Program Director, Domino Applications/Protector Security Platform
Wednesday, February 2nd, 08:30am - 9:30am | Location: SW Mockingbird
Speakers: Richard Howarth, Director, ECM Software Development & Greg Melahn, STSM, Lotus Quickr Architect
Tuesday, February 1st, 11:15am - 12:15pm | Location: SW Pelican
Join IBM at Legal Tech New York
The Hilton New York Hotel
1335 Avenue of the Americas,
New York, New York 10019
Jan 31 – Feb 2
Stop by and visit IBM at Legal Tech NY in booths 1994 and 2120. See IBM’s eDiscovery Manager, eDiscovery Analyzer and Atlas Suite in action in a custom demo. Or, get a personalized Information Governance Assessment! Learn how IBM can help you lower legal risks, lower legal costs and lower enterprise cost of compliance.
PLUS, we invite you to attend IBM’s CLE-certified Emerging Technology session, featuring Dan Kulakofsky, managing counsel at Travelers, Tom Lahiff, former assistant general counsel, Citigroup, Chris O’Neill, assistant general counsel at IBM, and Deidre Paknad, CEO of PSS Systems, an IBM Company.
Monday, January, 31, 11:45- 12:45 - Sutton Parlor Center
Good Facts Enable Better Decisions (CLE Certified!)
Understanding litigation cost and risk are central to determining case strategy and tactics, yet very few companies have good facts on cost and culpability at pivotal decision points. Without reliable, early information to work from, in-house counsel has less control over choices made by outside counsel, is ill-equipped to advise their internal business clients on outcomes, and will spend too much on litigation. This panel will discuss the challenges and opportunities presented by assessing the corpus of potentially relevant information and projected litigation costs earlier and often throughout the case lifecycle. The panel will explore:
The key decision points impacted by cost and culpability and their risks and costs
How to systematically harness good facts to drive better decisions on scope, settlement, and strategy
The challenges in early evidence assessment – accessing and leveraging the information to improve outcomes
The importance of assessing cost early and often over the case lifecycle
Analyzing matter and cost patterns to systemically optimize the process and reduce risk
Interested in setting up a custom demonstration or scheduling a one-on-one meeting with our experts? Contact Mia Winn for more info (click my name just below the blog post title to access my business card).
Welcome to social media. It's more than just fun and games and IBM's clients are looking for ways to leverage social media to engage with customers, but how to tackle such a huge task while remaining compliant?
Utilizing the IBM Enterprise Content Management (ECM) suite of products, Oceanus has created SocialView, which allows organizations to leverage social media to build business, engage with customers in real time, all while satisfying applicable compliance requirements.
Learn more about this solution in our new eBook: https://www.ibm.com/services/forms/signup.do?source=swg-Oceanus_SocialView
It’s that time again. IBM is hosting “Putting Content to Work: ECM UserNet 2011." This year’s agenda offers even more than previous events…including 37 breakout sessions in three unique tracks: IT, business and RIM & Legal. You can learn more details about the sessions and agenda at http://www.ibm.com/software/ecm/events/usernet
, but some highlights of the day will include:
- Learning best practices for reducing risk and cost
- Hearing key learnings from the Compliance, Governance and Oversight Council’s (CGOC) latest benchmark report
- Discovering the value of defensible disposal
- Networking with other legal, compliance and RIM professionals
- Matching wits with IBM’s Watson in a game of Jeopardy!
There are 12 cities in the US and Canada to choose from, in a roadshow running from April 12 – June 15. Best of all there's NO COST TO ATTEND
Having a great time at Impact? We are too and we have a few more items for you to add to your schedule (using the online agenda builder, of course!).
Be sure to visit IBM ECM at pedestal BD-4, where you can learn more about Advanced Case Management and Business Process Management through demonstrations and engaging with our experts.
Looking for more info? We've got that covered, too.
* 10:45am: 2052A : Roundtable: Discussion on Implementing Case Management with BPM (Venetian - San Polo 3504)
* 5:15pm: 2606A : Better Together: Smarter Work with IBM BPM, Case Management and Content Management (Venetian - Lando 4303)
* 1:30pm: 2052B : Roundtable: Discussion on Implementing Case Management with BPM (Venetian - San Polo 3504)
*1:30pm: Inner Circle 4402A, IBM BPM Technology Future Directions (Veronese 2406)
* 3:15pm: Inner Circle 1629A, The Evolution of Advanced Case Management and Business Process Management (Veronese 2403)
* 1:30pm: Inner Circle 1452A, Integrating Decision Management in Case Based Solutions (Veronese 2401)
* 3:15pm: 2052C : Roundtable: Discussion on Implementing Case Management with BPM (Venetian - San Polo 3504)
* 10:45am: 2052D : Roundtable: Discussion on Implementing Case Management with BPM (Venetian - San Polo 3504)
* 3:15pm: Inner Circle 1452B, Integrating Decision Management in Case Based Solutions (Veronese 2401)
* 3:15pm: Inner Circle 4402B, IBM BPM Technology Future Directions (Veronese 2403)
* 4:45pm: 2052E : Roundtable: Discussion on Implementing Case Management with BPM (Venetian - San Polo 3504)
The IBM FileNet P8 5.0.0 Information Center was recently refreshed, including several important updates:
- Rendition Engine Installation & Upgrade updates
- Security known issues updates
- Installation & Upgrade updates
- Updated suite of customized installation guides (PDF)
- Content Engine Java and .NET Developers Guide updates
- Process Engine error messages and REST service documentation
- Content Engine Administration updates
- IBM FileNet Lotus Quickr fixes & updates
- System Dashboard corrections
- ECM Widgets installation guide updates
- Corrections to multiple topics
Check out the refreshed infocenter here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/p8docs/v5r0m0/index.jsp
The download document and the updated plugins are available at: https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24028602
The 2011 IBM Enterprise Content Management client innovation awards program is seeking submissions by Aug. 15. This program recognizes IBM ECM clients who have demonstrated excellence in creating exceptional business value from IBM ECM software. Winners will be selected from among those organizations who have implemented ingenious solutions using IBM ECM software. Winners will be recognized at the Information On Demand 2011 Conference, October 23 - 27, 2011, Las Vegas, NV. Attendance at the conference is not mandatory to win an award.
To receive the Innovation Award submission form, email: Amit Kumar, email@example.com
OR DOWNLOAD FORM HERE
SUBMIT nomination by AUG. 15
The IBM Enterprise Content Management Innovation Awards have a long history of recognizing outstanding companies that have implemented innovative ECM solutions combining business and technical vision with demonstrable results.
- Be distinguished as a technology leader in your industry solving specific business challenges.
- Be recognized at the IBM Information on Demand Global Conference in October with an award crystal and other activities.
This year there are three categories:
- Best Enterprise Content Management ROI Solution
- Recognizes the most innovative use of ECM products and technologies to gain significant business benefits and return on investment.
- Best Business Transformative Solution
- Recognizes the most innovative use of ECM products and technologies to transform a business.
- Best Overall Cross IBM Solution
- Recognizes the most innovative use of Cross IBM products and technologies to gain significant business benefits.
The release of FileNet P8 Version 5.1.0
products brings with it new features in the information center. The IBM FileNet P8 Version 5.1.0 information center features collaboration tools, including commenting on help topics and sharing examples. The information center now includes information that was previously available only in PDF documents. And upgrading and configuring information has been expanded.
For details about product enhancements, read What's new in IBM FileNet Content Manager Version 5.1.0
During September, IBM ECM will be participating in the Smarter Cities roadshow, visiting Miami, Houston, and Denver. For this event, IBM has partnered with the Performance Institute to provide our customers a complimentary forum on Business Intelligence and Business Analytics.
Each event will offer you an exploration into developing a strategic approach, both from IBM experts and our customers.
- HEAR from City Leaders about their experiences and the challenges faced
- LEARN to better centralize your data and how to obtain support from all of your different stakeholders
- CONSIDER how analytics will strengthen your public safety initiatives
- IMPROVE your social service programs with greater effi ciency and performance
- FIND solutions to ensure that your data and reports are accurate and complete
- USE predictive analytics and scenario planning to better forecast outcomes
- IMPLEMENT tactical strategies to eliminate fraud and wasteful spending
Who should attend these events? City Managers, City Councilpersons, County Executives, County Board Members, CIOs, CFOs, HR Directors, Program Managers, Budget & Planning Managers, Controllers, Police Chiefs and more.
Register now at NO COST:
After last week's successful event in Atlanta, we are tightening our laces and marching on to the next stop in the AIIM Content Management Boot Camp series! We'll be in Toronto, ON on October 18th. Have you enrolled yet? If not, then hup to
The boot camp events are a fast and efficient way to get your team up-to-speed on why having an information strategy is so important and the challenges that every new recruit faces in the process. Network with your peers to learn effective solutions and real-world experience. Bring your team and strategize together to develop a plan customized to your unique business needs.
IBM will have a table in the exhibitor's area, where you can find out more about our Advanced Case Management and Document Imaging & Capture solutions. Michael Green will also be speaking at 11:30am about using Case Manager to drive better outcomes.
See you in the mess hall!