Today, IBM is announcing the latest version of IBM's System z leadership Application and Performance Management family. The IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON Version 5 product family provides new levels of customer focused ease-of-use, cost reduction and improved performance. IBM is announcing new customer capabilities designed to:
· Increase visibility and control with a new standardized user interface capable of viewing enterprise-wide information from a single 3270 monitor
· Improve problem management with fewer, simpler steps to isolate performance impacts in real time for higher system and application availability
· Reduce time and risk involved in installation, configuration, and maintenance using self-describing agents and the new Parmgen tool.
· Decrease costs by exploiting zIIP processors to free-up general System z capacity and lowering total cost of computing
Analysts are already saying good things about this new version.
On OMEGAMON moving to simplified architecture and a common view across multiple domains, Rich Ptak of PNA commented, "This is an important and much needed enhancement. We’ve heard consistently – there is a need for this kind of integration. Consistent interface – a couple of years ago, these people liked to be in a silo and just toss it over to someone else. But, they can’t live that way anymore.” PNA also gave IBM high marks for doing so without losing functionality.
On the OMEGAMON Enhanced 3270 User Interface, Joe Clabby with Clabby Analytics commented: What you've done to your 3270 interface is kind of a "wow"! I'm not a 3270 fan and I love what you've done with it"
Starting with OMEGAMON XE for CICS on z/OS, and OMEGAMON XE on z/OS V5 editions, IBM provides:
· Improved productivity by allowing subject matter experts, such as system programmers, to combine information from z/OS and multiple z/OS subsystems (including CICS) into a single simplified display
· Standardized monitoring and management with an new enhanced 3270 user interface that gives users the ability to effectively move between different z/OS components providing a common look and feel of command and control conditions.
· Increased analytics capability by organizing key performance indicators (KPIs) to be viewed based on managed SLAs.
· Higher availability by providing users with advanced problem determination using focused problem-solving scenarios designed by customers; these scenarios put related data needed for associated problems into context to resolve today's performance and availability impacts.
In addition, the IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON for z/OS Management Suite V4.2.1, a consolidated offering of broad real-time and historical performance and availability management, now includes the new OMEGAMON XE on z/OS, V5.1 and OMEGAMON Dashboard Edition (DE) on z/OS, V5.1.
To learn more, sign-up for the IBM Systems Magazine sponsored OMEGAMON Webcast Series, or attend a IBM 2012 System z Technical Summit at a city near you.
And, plan on attending Pulse, which includes an OMEGAMON V5 Customer Panel, and SHARE to see a demo and talk to the experts.
Service Management on System z Blog
with Tags: visibility X
Fillmore Bowen 120000CYK5 FBOWEN@US.IBM.COM Tags:  tivoli visibility mainframe omegamon 923 Visits