Many enterprises run their mission critical application workloads on their mainframe systems. They would like to centralize their application security controls, security policy enforcement, data protection, auditing reporting and compliance management for a consolidated view of security. They are looking for smarter security intelligence that will help them leverage the mainframe as their enterprise security hub.
IBM Security zSecure suite V1.13 consists of multiple individual components designed to help you administer your mainframe security server, monitor for threats, enforce policy compliance, audit usage and configurations, and assist in compliance management and audit reporting.
· IBM Security zSecure Admin, Visual, and CICS Toolkit provide administrative, provisioning, and management components that can significantly reduce administration time, effort, and costs, and help improve productivity and response time, as well as help reduce training time for new administrators.
· IBM Security zSecure Audit, Alert, and Command Verifier provide security policy enforcement, audit, monitoring and compliance management components. These offerings help ease the burden of compliance audits, can improve security and incident handling, and can increase overall operational effectiveness.
New Security zSecure suite V1.13 capabilities offer enhancements for DB2, CICS, and IMS application security auditing that:
- Automates security analysis of CICS and IMS transactions and programs
- Provides automated determination of which System Authorization Facility (SAF) classes are being used by each active IBM DB2, IBM CICS, or IBM IMS subsystem
- Enhances Access Monitor and allows you to improve data consolidation
- Allows annotating userid displays with data from external human resource files such as department and employee number
- Adds globalization enhancements to support international language support and auditing
- Allows addition of your own sensitivity classification, audit concern, and priority to data set names and general resources
- Supports currency with z/OS V1R13, ACF2 R14 and R15, CICS V4R2, and Top Secret R12, R14, and R15
- Extends integration with Communications Server and provides various interface improvements
For more information on the functions available in the new version of IBM Security zSecure suite V1.13 visit our announcement letter (http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/ShowDoc.jsp?docURL=/common/ssi/rep_ca/2/897/ENUS211-432/index.html⟨=en) and our zSecure Product Website (http://www-01.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/zsecure/)