IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS V8.6 is the premier enterprise workload automation product for System z® and end-to-end environments. It automates the planning, processing, and analysis of batch and event-based enterprise production workloads. This helps improve IT operation efficiency and reduce manual labor by maximizing throughput of work across the enterprise.
Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS is part of an integrated suite of scheduling products that enables systematic enterprise-wide workload processing for both batch and event-based (real-time) workloads across applications and platforms.
In an end-to-end solution, the distributed portion of the network can span over a multilevel topology of fault-tolerant agents (agents capable to continue scheduling even in the absence of the link to the Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS server).IBM® Tivoli® Workload Scheduler for z/OS® V8.6 delivers:
- Enhanced flexibility, dynamic automation, and intrinsic high availability
for clients adopting any type of cross-platform Tivoli Workload Scheduler end-to-end
solutions such as:
- Mainframe centric (engine residing on mainframe and agents residing on mixed platforms)
- Distributed-centric (engine residing on distributed systems and agents residing on mixed platforms)
- Intermediate (separate engines on mainframe and distributed scheduling environments)
- Support for batch modernization projects, through new capabilities that enable transformation, reuse, and integration of existing assets with Java-based applications and new types of workloads
- Improved usability and scalability