IT goals for monitoring mainframe environments may not appear to have changed much over the years – except that you need to respond much faster to unexpected events, handle huge volumes of events unheard of a decade ago, handle events proactively before they become issues and do this in environments that grow more complex every day. Fortunately, OMEGAMON® capabilities have continued evolving along with the modern data center.
Let’s explore your z/OS® systems with Tivoli® OMEGAMON XE on z/OS. You’ll see how it can be used to monitor and alert you to potential problems and help solve real issues in large z196 and z/OS systems. Join us for this complimentary teleconference to learn in detail about the capabilities in OMEGAMON XE for z/OS for monitoring your System z® environment. As a key component of IBM’s overall Integrated Service Management portfolio on System z, OMEGAMON XE is a performance and availability solution to that can analyze, manage and optimize operating systems, databases or other environments. It detects and recovers potential problems in essential system resources automatically and offers advanced reporting.
In this session, you’ll come away with details on how OMEGAMON XE can help:
• Reduce the cost of administrating security on the mainframe by reducing complexity and using fewer staff resources
• Automate security policy enforcement to implement best practices and compliance requirements
• Analyze data to detect and respond rapidly to internal and external security events and threats
• Proactively handle events with automated closed-loop remediation that closes exposures
• Protect sensitive data and simplify the lifecycle management of encryption keys
• Consolidate cloud security management for zEnterprise™
Speaker: Joe Winterton, OMEGAMON XE on z/OS Release Manager, IBM Software Group
Broadcast date: July 28, 2011, 11 a.m., EDT
Developed for: IT and enterprise architects, IT managers, system analysts, system administrators, system programmers, and operations managers
Register now for this teleconference by logging onto
Join us after the teleconference for a live question-and-answer session. The teleconference will also be available for replay after the event.