Finding emails among large mail databases and archives can be a challenge!
The new IBM Notes Extended Search Plugin for IBM Notes 9 contains a simplified interface, allowing you to very quickly find your emails by using the power of IBM Notes Search engine.
This Plugin can be installed from the Notes menu or with an MSI installer. Currently available in Chinese, English, French, German and Spanish; other languages can be added upon request. There is a cost associated with this services asset. For more information please contact your local ISSC rep or send an email to email@example.com
Key Features of the IBM Notes Extended Search Plugin:
- Can search only for mail (agenda entries are excluded)
- Available from any view or folder where emails are displayed
- Results are displayed in a new tab
- Two kinds of search : simple and advanced
- Search target can be specified : only in the current mail file and/or all archives
- Local and archive mail files are full text indexed automatically
- Friendly user interface
Precise searches are very easy
As explained above, the Plugin has 2 modes "Simple" and "Advanced".
Simple search mode
All the results from multiples sources are aggregated into one page
Advanced search mode
Choice of the location: current mail box, archives only or both.
The Advanced search mode is allowing more precise searches in just few clicks.
It contains among other things 9 understandable criterias to perform your search:
From, Subject, Date, Age, Body content, …
You can have up to 5 conditions simultaneously.
You can add or remove the conditions one by one (+ -)
All the results are displayed like for the simple search in a new tab
- One line, one e-mail
- The search can be refined directly
- The search result page is not a view (no right click options as in a view), but the following information is provided in the results page:
- Who | Subject | Date | Attachment icon | Source (Main mail database or Archive for example)
The results can be sorted by Date, Relevance, Who, Subject, Attachment, Source.
Delegation and other Mail databases
When you open another mail database than your current mail file (the one declared in you location document), the plugin performs the search only in the current view and display the results in this view. We keep the standard behavior of the search view option.