In general terms, the ease of scalability is great for growing companies. Plus, you will be optimizing your IT resources to concentrate on tasks specific to your business by reducing inefficiencies by freeing up company resources to work on them. Cost savings may include, by way of an example, savings on software license upgrades or server operating systems. In additional to all the benefits, you must also take into consideration that there will be guidelines and restrictions to follow in the cloud that will not allow you to have the same level of administrative control as an on-premise environment.
It is important for customers to realize what they are going to give up and what they are getting into. A project of this scope requires significant prep work by your team. Working together, we can help make the migration as successful as possible. So, before engaging IBM Software Services for Collaboration, you should get organized and identify the people and groups that are going to be migrated. Ask yourself, "How am I going to move them?" and "How am I going to support batches of users during migration?"
Every project is different but for a normal size business I would say that:
- Customer Preparatory work which involves setting up the hybrid environment would take approximately one month.
- Beforehand, you should think about test cases going into the pilot; what are you going to test? Test delegation? Test calendaring and scheduling? How much functionality are you going to test out in the pilot? These things could cause unnecessary delays in the project if not thought of beforehand.
- Then we would come in and set up the staging environment and that would take about 1 week.
- The Pilot could begin the following week.
- Initially, we can perform the migration process on small batches first or even test accounts.
If you would like additional information or assistance with a virtualization project, or any Collaboration Solutions Software project, please contact us today at email@example.com.
Learn more about our offerings and capabilities here.
Collaboration Services Radar Blog series: What are the current and future trends observed by IBM Software Collaboration Services?
Collaboration Services Solution Blog series: Interesting successful projects delivered by IBM Software Collaboration Services.