The Worldwide IBM ECM Community
IBM has recently announced a new software offering designed to address the burgeoning challenge of fraud in commercial and public sector organizations.
IBM Intelligent Investigation Manager (IIM) optimizes the investigation of fraud for customers across many industries in the commercial and public sector spaces. It does so by enabling more efficient and effective investigations, capturing all of the relevant details and actions of the case and enabling investigators to dynamically collaborate on cases. It also integrates forensic and link analysis into the investigative process, providing investigators with investigative leads, helping them better understand the scope of the fraudulent activity and generating evidence.
The IBM fraud management portfolio enables the building of industry-specific solutions. IIM is one of the core parts of the IBM Smarter Analytics Solution – Fraud, Waste and Abuse and plays a key role in these solutions, providing investigative and analytic support for fraud use cases in healthcare, insurance, finance, and many other markets.
3 key benefits for commercial organizations:
(1) A more expeditious way of preventing or resolving fraudulent activities, by reducing false-positives when dealing with massive amount of data, makes for efficient, trackable investigations
(2) A reduction in the revenue lost from fraud, through better detection, resolution and prevention of, and protection of your customers, citizens and policy holders against fraud
(3) A reduction in the cost of fighting fraud, by reducing the resources needed to collect and assimilate data, removing the manual steps, and progressing toward a ‘just in time’ approach to fighting fraud
3 key benefits for Public Safety:
(1) IMM allows organizations to address the vast increase in data, the amount and the formats, much of which is unstructured
(2) It helps organizations make sense of data that’s often external, raw (often from unidentified sources, and apparently unconnected), or from mobile sources, and that which resides in internal systems
(3) It helps improve the efficiency of turning data into information, and reduces the cost of responding to issues and priorities that impact public safety
To learn more about this solution please watch our new video series – Fighting Fraud on Friday. Starting this month, a new video will be released every Friday. Each segment is presented by a subject matter expert and covers a unique topic to help you understand how IBM is making Intelligent Investigation a reality.
Guest Blog by David Yockelson, Program Director, Product Marketing for ACM/BPM
Fraudsters continue to invest in new tricks to cheat commercial enterprises, and many organizations are finding it hard to keep up. But now we’re introducing an integrated capability that matches the best fraud analysis and visualization capability on the market with the most flexible and comprehensive case management platform, a pairing designed to beat the fraudsters now and allow organizations the flexibility to defeat them into the future.
I2, an IBM acquisition, provides leading technology to amass, analyze, and visualize wide varieties of data indicating potential fraudulent activities. It’s been implemented not only to combat commercial and public sector fraud, but also trusted by law enforcement and public safety organizations world wide for crime prevention.
Currently in its second release, IBM Case Manager (ICM) has been implemented world wide in solutions across industries including insurance, banking, manufacturing, public sector, healthcare, and others. ICM’s persistent case object model maintains critical information of all types in context throughout a case’s lifecycle. ICM’s dynamic tasking enables it to easily address the widest variety of unpredictable business use cases; and its business analyst-friendly design facilities speed time to value for solutions.
Together, I2 and ICM can provide organizations the ability to detect, analyze, and investigate potential criminal activity, leveraging a flexible platform that can address not only current needs related to fraud but can also keep pace with anything those nasty fraudsters can cook up.
To know more about how i2 and IBM Case Manager work together to manage fraud investigations attend the EAC4127A session at IOD2012. Bookmark session on http://iodsmartsite.com/